Name the car you wished you had bought but didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
01 Camry LE, my dad end up buying a Taurus SEL that no one likes, and trade it in after 10 years. If it was a Camry I would end up driving it.

In the early 90's I had a chance to buy an 87 Buick GNX in low millage mint condition for $9,899.00 I still kick myself once a week for not buying that car!

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
01 Camry LE, my dad end up buying a Taurus SEL that no one likes, and trade it in after 10 years. If it was a Camry I would end up driving it.

Dad bought one of those that was real nice. It was a 4cyl LE and had the Gallery package which included nice alloy wheels, metallic white on the top then painted all around the bottom was a silver color. Kept it 5 years and traded it in on another Camry.

One could also get this color combo:

Although his prior Camry was kind of neat as well. A 1992 Camry SE V6.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
69 Chevelle SS

Saw a guy driving a '70 the other day. Sweet car.

I was all set to buy a Grand National after I had been working for a while in TX to replace the Nova that my dad gave me as a college graduation present.
It took me a while to realize that they weren't being made anymore, but a coworker told me that he knew of a dealership in OK that had some new ones sitting on their lot.
I didn't particularly want to work with a dealer in another state and thought they might ask for a big markup, so I dropped it.

I'm willing to bet I would have gotten in serious trouble in one of those at that age, but I still have some regrets.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
In the early 90's I had a chance to buy an 87 Buick GNX in low millage mint condition for $9,899.00 I still kick myself once a week for not buying that car!

You are doing your due penance
laugh.gif

I went with my brother when he went to buy a new truck in 2008 or 09 and the dealership had a beautiful red Pontiac G8. I think it was the GT version and not the GXP. My Cadillac CTS was relatively new so I decided against it but in hind sight I swish I would have bought it.

1990 Nissan 300ZX 2+2
Non Turbo 3.0 V6 , 5 speed manual with 69k miles on it.
I could afford the payments , but the full coverage insurance at 19 was over $600 a month back in 1995.
Example pic , exact color and rims. Salesman at the dealer I worked at had traded it in.

Wish I had bought a Jeep Commander when they were newish. Still have hopes of finding a nice one someday.

Early 00's I really wanted an e30 M3, but decided on an e30 325is instead due to cheaper parts and maintenance.

33.gif

For those who don't know, back then in Canada they were in the range of low 20;s.
Now they are stratospheric in price.

First generation Lexus LS400. I thought 1992 was the year but a quick search on Wikipedia shows 1989 was the first year. Regardless, I still think it was a totally cool looking car (and still do to this day).

When I got my Audi in 2010 there were some really good deals out there on E46 BMWs in great shape. I kind of regret not getting a manual one, but at the time the E90 was current and the E46 was in that awkward phase for me...too old to look new, too new to be classic. Of course it's aged great so I wonder sometimes about a nice one of those.

Back in the 80’s I was shopping for a small pickup. I test drove a Datsun with that two spark plugs per cylinder engine. It also had a turbo on it though I can’t remember if that was from factory or not. Great running truck and it drove well except for a noticeable pull to the left. I decided against it and went with the Ford Ranger. Horrible truck. Constantly going to the shop. I ended up trading that in for a Toyota Tacoma.

Anyone here familiar with that Datsun engine I speak of?

Right after the last financial crisis, the higher you went, the more screaming the deals were on nearly new originally $100k plus cars. Porsche, Bentley, Mercedes AMG.

I should have taken my pick and gotten a couple of modern classics.

1970 Mercury Cougar Convertible XR7 351 Windsor.
Guy was asking 7k for it. Didn't have the means to get to Cleveland at the time. I'll find another one someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back