Apparently, Fram doesn't make an Ultra to fit my

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Run a TRD synthetic filter. Made by champ labs I believe and much better filtration than a regular paper denso

Really and just what is the microns rating on those TRD filters I can't find the spec anywhere. I'd like to know so I could really comparison shop.

As I suspect you already know there are no manufacturer-supplied filtration data for any Toyota filter, including the Denso branded ones. There is the Amsoil chart that is typically brought out for the 90915-YZZF2 filter but that is all.

Which is typical for OEM filters, nothing new here.

18.gif
<- This thread.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Run a TRD synthetic filter. Made by champ labs I believe and much better filtration than a regular paper denso

As you can see in my dog, I'm a loyal Toyota fanboy. Why would you choose TRD over an Amsoil oil filter? I can't find any data on the TRD????

Some people are too stupid to proofread their posts while driving. He meant to say, "As you can see in my sig..."

Just use a Denso or non-Ultra Fram and the car will be happy. There's tons of 2nd gen IS models rolling around on the cheapest bulk and jobber filter from a quick lube. You'll be fine.

Really and just what is the microns rating on those TRD filters I can't find the spec anywhere. I'd like to know so I could really comparison shop.

It doesn't matter. Your car won't die from an oil or oil filter related issue, unless you drive it without any.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro

It doesn't matter. Your car won't die from an oil or oil filter related issue, unless you drive it without any.

True but over course of 20 years you might add 30K more life to your engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back