Sweat Equity I am proud of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks similar to the place my buddy Ryan and his partner Marcus just inherited from Marc's Grandfather. ( well, technically Marc's mom inherited it, and is letting them live there rent free, but she made it clear it is/will be their house.)
Gramps had it built around 1950, when he got out of the service, raised a family in it, and lived there until he passed...

they Moved in in April, and have already had to have the wiring partially updated,(no grounded outlets),and will have to replace some of the Floors from Ryan's Brother's incontinent Dog (the Brother is in the army, and not to the point where he can have his own place with the dog yet, still in barracks.)

SO MANY updates that need done... SOO MANY..

the basement and garage are still filled with grandpa's "stuff" that no one in the family wanted...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Originally Posted By: StevieC
No I don't want all my junk on display...
lol.gif

Sounds like my house, nice on the outside but kaos on the inside. After 28 years we have accumulated quite a bit of stuff and it doesn't help that we're both pack rats.

It's not chaos but there is a little bit of clutter because we sort of have a lot of stuff and it's a small house, plus the basement is in the process of being finished so there is more stuff on the main level at the moment.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Looks similar to the place my buddy Ryan and his partner Marcus just inherited from Marc's Grandfather. ( well, technically Marc's mom inherited it, and is letting them live there rent free, but she made it clear it is/will be their house.)
Gramps had it built around 1950, when he got out of the service, raised a family in it, and lived there until he passed...

they Moved in in April, and have already had to have the wiring partially updated,(no grounded outlets),and will have to replace some of the Floors from Ryan's Brother's incontinent Dog (the Brother is in the army, and not to the point where he can have his own place with the dog yet, still in barracks.)

SO MANY updates that need done... SOO MANY..

the basement and garage are still filled with grandpa's "stuff" that no one in the family wanted...

Yeah these houses were originally for the army base that is now a school, then it was public housing, then sold off in the 1970's and the people that owned it before us lived in it since then and did nothing to it.

It had shag carpet, smokers curtains, pink/yellow bathroom tiles, and literally 3 cabinets in the kitchen. It was livable but it was so gross so we updated as we went.

Three years ago my wife and I bought a dump. We recently sold that house and walked with 200k. BOught a home for almost cash and paid off every single bit of debt we had. I'm loving my $475 escrowed mortgage!

Your home looks beautiful. Now take advantage of your hard work!

Originally Posted By: dja4260
Three years ago my wife and I bought a dump. We recently sold that house and walked with 200k. BOught a home for almost cash and paid off every single bit of debt we had. I'm loving my $475 escrowed mortgage!

Your home looks beautiful. Now take advantage of your hard work!
cheers3.gif

Amen Brother, great transformation.

I have similar concrete steps and I am thinking of adding non-slip exterior tiles to cover up the old concrete with heating underneath.

Looks good!! That is a very popular style of house around here in Winnipeg too. I did the same thing when I was 19 I bought my first house for 90k which was partially run down and built in 1911, dumped 40k in it and sold it for almost 200k 7 years later which afforded my wife and I to be able to buy our forever house.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Amen Brother, great transformation.

I have similar concrete steps and I am thinking of adding non-slip exterior tiles to cover up the old concrete with heating underneath.

Yeah we wanted to get rid of the poorly painted and rusting Railing and go aluminum and at the same time coat the concrete in a tough stone layer to dress it up a bit. Might pass if this is going to become a rental though...

Originally Posted By: seanf
Looks good!! That is a very popular style of house around here in Winnipeg too. I did the same thing when I was 19 I bought my first house for 90k which was partially run down and built in 1911, dumped 40k in it and sold it for almost 200k 7 years later which afforded my wife and I to be able to buy our forever house.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back