Pretty ships in world of warships

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Dare I say it...Could it be true...Might I actually like...Gasp...The Amagi???
21.gif
lol.gif

I don't want to get sucked into the same trap I did when I 1st got Nagato. That seemed like a really good ship at 1st too and then it's true colors came out and it is mediocre at best (for me anyway). I do not like it and struggle mightly with it's guns that are supposedly so accurate and powerful (NOT!).

I admit I had my reservations going into Amagi and even said here that I wasn't overly impressed after the 1st game. Now, I have only played 4 games in it but it does seem to be a big improvement over Nagato. The guns while not great damage dealers are fairly accurate and I will give it credit where due; it seems to be very tough when angled.

I just had a match with it where I went head on into the enemy Amagi and 2 Colorado's by myself with no support purposely to test it out. All 3 of them were 100% health as was I. I admit I was very surprised by the results. I took about 50K in damage from them while dealing out over 100K in damage total to the 3 of them. I basically was circling and brawling in amongst the 3 of them (note 135 secondary hits). Main guns and secondary guns blazing away and all of us on fire. It was a real slugfest. I didn't kill any of them but damaged them all enough that our CV and other BB's cleaned them up as they fled like cowards.
39.gif
lol.gif

Before I got into that little dust up I nuked 2 CL's that showed their broadside. Both were already hurt but I hit them full on and citadeled both. Easily the damage would have been higher they just didn't have the HP left for it to come from. Taking them out on the way into the cap to fight the 3 enemy BB's let me concentrate on them and not worry about CL HE spam so being able to one shot them was key.

So it is only one game out of 4 and I don't want to get too far ahead but it looks dare I say promising???...

So, let's revisit the above comments. As it turns out Amagi reminds me a lot of Nagato and I am not a big fan. Just as with Nagato at 1st I did well with Amagi but have struggled since. The occasional good game like I will post below but generally average or below average and bottom half finishes on the team.

It isn't the speed because it is fast. It maneuvers okay for a T8 BB so that isn't it. AA and secondary's are adequate and no complaints so again not it. For an IJN BB it actually is pretty darn tough and can take a lot of punishment so the armor isn't it either. That just leaves the main guns and boy is THAT it! They suck! Not a fan at all.
31.gif

Everyone told me when I said I thought IJN BB were worst in game to wait for Nagato; the guns are like rifles and hit like freight trains. Nope, sorry, not the case for me. Extremely inaccurate (overall - some games they behave) PLUS just as I have seen from the T4 IJN BB Myogi on (exception Fuso which doesn't have the issue - as much) even when you do hit the damage is extremely inconsistent and usually disappointing. The same has carried over to Amagi.

I have seen people call the Amagi guns "god like" they are so good. Man, that must be some low standard religion! They are more accurate than Nagato and they do deliver more damage on a regular basis but they still flat out suck. Can't say it enough = suck suck suck! How 8 (Nagato) or 10 (Amagi) 410MM guns can be so bad dealing damage on a constant basis baffles me? It isn't my aim as that is fine. It is HORRIBLE dispersion (even though both are rated decent) and just HORRIBLE damage. Flat broadside enemy BB's at 5km and full broadside salvo yields 3K HP in damage???
21.gif

So the grind to Yamato at T10 will NOT be fun like it was in the USN BB line getting to the T10 Montana. I had no plans to play Izumo at T9 and was going to free XP past it anyway. So really I just need to suck it up and get the XP needed with Amagi to research Izumo and then I can free XP the rest to Yamato. I just don't enjoy playing the ship at all really so this will take a while. Once Amagi is researched and fully upgraded it takes 573,000 XP to get through Izumo and research Yamato!!!! OUCH!
lol.gif

Occasionally I have a decent game in it like below but these are far and few between whereas they are more the norm (or slightly above) for me in USN and KM at this level.

tfpknzw.jpg

Ynk82xL.jpg

bXdZT3q.jpg

Last edited:
Montana is a BEAST!. Good lord it is awesome. I can carry a match in it unlike these so called "awesome" IJN BB's everyone raves about. The difference really comes down to the guns. When you shoot at something you generally hit it as long as your aim is true and Montana hits HARD!

I have been playing Amagi pretty much all day working on the grind to Izumo and ultimately Yamato. So frustrating as I just don't do well in it really. So I finally called it quits as I am now 1/2 way to Izumo. Enough for today. Decided to take Montana out for a quick spin and have some actual fun before calling it a day.
lol.gif

I had a game where the damage was decent, not spectacular by Montana standards for me (but okay), with only 2 kills, but it involved being down ships, caps/points, and running out of time. Our Tirpitz was acting like a little kid (literally - I think a little kid was playing with Daddy's game driving in circles, launching torps at friendly's or NOTHING???, etc...) and was NO help. It got 3 but they were scraps from others including me. The one good thing he did was finish off the enemy DD that was almost dead that tried to take cap A with him there. That was a huge help to me.

Using Montana's awesome guns and speed I was able to put the enemy Tirpitz on deaths door so our Tirpitz could kill it (eventually), take out a CL at max range who was capping, then capture 2 of the 3 caps the enemy had taken to slow their point total (4 caps in this game). I was able to track down the enemy Montana that was hiding, with them well over 900 points, and in a quick brawl take it out as their points hit 986. I hit it for 30K and a citadel on the 1st salvo which was HUGE. I was sweating it out as I had no time for another salvo after I reloaded so I held my fire until the last second and then let fly with a prayer that took it out for the win!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
Thankfully, it was already hurt some when I tracked it down as I wouldn't have had time before they got to 1000 points if it was 100%.

I could never do that with Nagato or Amagi. Their guns just aren't good enough or consistent enough and constantly let ne down. Did I say how much I love Montana?
lol.gif

qeTwfCB.jpg

iL2iTqD.jpg

IPl68dk.jpg

Last edited:
Actually pulled out a last second win with Amagi no less. Was me and 2 other BB and then 5 bots. As usual the friendly bots were all killed early leaving me and the Iowa alone vs a hoard as our Tirpitz went out early. Iowa and I teamed up on the enemy Iowa to take it out but it got a massive shot on ours leaving it almost dead. Then the enemy Amagi, Tirpitz, and the last DD come charging at us. I had the Iowa go hide and support me at range while I tried to take them all on and maybe somehow get 2 and ram one so we could win. Plan didn't work but we did win.

I had to turn off early as both the Tirpitz and DD launched torps so I had a WALL of torps coming. Somehow I dodged them all and survived the salvos of the 2 BB's although I went down to under 1/2 health. As we continued to fight, with long range gun support from the Iowa, I got the DD and the Tirpitz. Unfortunately by then I was as bad off health wise as the Iowa and the enemy Amagi was at least 80%.It was also closer to the Iowa so we swapped roles.

I stayed at range shadowing it and trying to get good hits and the Iowa came out to try and ram. If I had a USN BB, or even a KM frankly, the game wouldn't have been close. I would have got those 3 ships myself earlier. But the AWFUL TERRIBLE HORRENDOUS guns that plague me in the IJN line were at play again. Horrible dispersion and accuracy and when I was hitting I got the usual low damage.

I had to swing out from my angled position to get all guns on the Amagi, even though I knew I couldn't take another big hit (desperation time), as it was closing on the Iowa. Fired front guns and managed a good hit with a Citadel which hurt it bad taking it to about 1/3 health. Then just as I fired the rear guns it took out our Iowa. I was so ticked as the guy played his butt off and really worked with me to try and win. FINALLY RNG was with me and I knew the BB was dead shortly after the shot as long as the damage was there. The shells all grouped tight and I could see it was going to hit it amidships. Shells came down perfect between the smoke stack and tower and w/ 2 citadels the Amagi went poof for the win.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

So 5 kills and a big carry BUT again not enjoyable as I continue to struggle so bad with the guns. I tried a new aim point based on advice on the WOWS forums for the IJN BB's and it helped some. Going to give it a few games and see if it was a fluke or actually works.

For Amagi this was epic
lol.gif

XtINhA0.jpg

Y5LHa7s.jpg

n4r1mmA.jpg

The Amagi grind is done (thank god). I have researched and fully upgraded (used Free XP on the upgrades like I always do) the IJN T9 BB Izumo. Have not purchased it as I have no desire to play it being an all guns forward ship. So it is on to Yamato; the ultimate WOWS BB prize. It cost $20,600,000.00 credits and 249,000 XP to get Yamato. I have well over 50 million in credits stacked up and I have over 182K in Free XP. So another 65K or so that I can convert to free XP and I will be at Yamato!
banana2.gif

I am actually using the USN T10 BB Montana to farm XP to convert into Free XP for Yamato during this weekend's US ship event that gives bonus credits and XP for using US ships and for sinking US ships. So I find it kind of funny I am grinding the IJN T10 BB in the USN T10 BB.
lol.gif

Just had this excellent game. If I can stay even close to these results I will be at Yamato in short order. Might be a few days as I am not feeling well but hopefully as soon as tomorrow I will be there? Probably not but it is close. Stay tuned...

F5HwM4u.jpg

8RomSxg.jpg

OvxpjDC.jpg

Hey guys. Time for another update to the fleet.

I have reached my 2nd T10 ship in the game. Just unlocked the IJN T10 BB Yamato. This is supposed to be a beast of a ship and the most powerful BB in the game with it's 460MM 18" guns. I have heard a lot of similar talk about other IJN BB's and it turned out to be [censored]. However, having played against Yamato a few times I can attest the guns hit freaking hard when they hit, and it is hard to damage unless you catch it broadside, so we will see. It is one of those I wanted to get to when starting the game.

Decided to go with a hybrid main gun/secondary battery build. Might have to change some modules in the upgrade slots after I play it a few times to tweak it but we will see. Like Montana being a T10 there are no ship upgrades (ie; hull, guns, engine, etc...) to do. Bought the permanent camo for it and transferred my best IJN Capt to it. Haven't played it yet but as always will post about 1st game when I do

Stats and port shots below...

Ship: Yamato
Nation: Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN)
Tier: 10
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 97,200 HP
Armor: 16-650MM / 56% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 27 knots
Rudder Shift: 17.6 seconds
Turning Radius: 900m
Detection By Sea: 15.7km
Detection By Air: 14.4km

Main Armament: 3X3 460MM ( 2 turrets front/1 rear )
Main Gun Range: 26.6km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.27 shots per min ROF / 26.4 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 256m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 14,800 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 7300 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM Type 89 A1 Mod 3 = 6X2 ( dual purpose )
127MM Type 89 A1 = 6X2 ( dual purpose )
155M = 2X3

Secondary Gun Range:
127MM Type 89 A1 Mod 3 = 8.8km ( dual purpose )
127MM Type 89 A1 = 8.8km ( dual purpose )
155M = 8.8km

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM Type 89 A1 Mod 3 = 11.11 shots per min ROF / 5.4 seconds RL ( dual purpose )
127MM Type 89 A1 = 13.33 shots per min ROF / 4.5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )
155M = 5.55 shots per min ROF / 10.8 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM Type 89 A1 Mod 3 = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )
127MM Type 89 A1 = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )
155M = Armor Piercing (AP)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
25MM = 46X3
127MM Type 89 A1 Mod 3 = 6X2 ( dual purpose )
127MM Type 89 A1 = 6X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (100% survivability of secondary and AA guns)
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range )
Slot 3 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% main gun reload time / +13% main gun turret rotation )
Slot 4 = Damage Control System Modification 1 (-3% risk of flooding and -5% risk of fires)
Slot 5 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (20% to rudder shift time)
Slot 6 = Concealment System Modification 1 (+5% to enemy gun dispersion and -10% to detectability range)

Camo:
Premium (Permanent) Yamato Type 20
-3% Detectability Range
+4% Enemy Gun Dispersion
-50% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned
+20% Credits Earned

Captain (13 Points):
1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
2pt = Expert Marksman (reduces the time for turrets turning)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (-0.2% ship armament reload time per 1% HP lost)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)

Port Shots:

5dQ2CNu.jpg

2JL7A7K.jpg

Y6AmKjR.jpg

MJgxjAx.jpg

kX9I6R5.jpg

PCCIEZh.jpg

1st game with Yamato in the books. Didn't get to it last night so played 1st just now this AM. Kind of hung back and experimented with the guns (man you have to lead even more with these than the USN high tier guns - they HANG FOREVER!
lol.gif
). Usually I push right up but wanted to get a little better feel for the ship. Plus the Yamato has horrendous turret rotation speed and I wanted to see how bad it is. t is bad! WOW! Normal is 72 seconds to go 180 degrees. With my Capt skills I have it down to 62.5 seconds.
33.gif

When you do hit with the guns they sure do hammer stuff. But that has been the story of the entire IJN BB line for me = seem good at 1st then over time grow to dislike because of massive inconsistency. I think these will be better just because of the raw stats. Just hitting will do good damage and when I do land a good hit on a vital area it should be devastating.

Not much of a game to talk about. Hung back a bit and did gun practice early on, sunk the enemy T8 IJN BB KII that was on it's last leg, and then closed with the enemy Yamato at end and finished it. Not a ton of damage but still made money (about $30k worth). So okay for a 1st game. Thankfully I had at least one human on the team and it wasn't all bot DD's.

Match Making:
McnqAKz.jpg

Results:
G4LDxyq.jpg

zgelSwU.jpg

BXRk79S.jpg

Just played my 2nd game in Yamato and was immediately put into a carry situation when I found myself alone vs 4 enemy ships, down caps, and points. Was one of those games where I was only human on team and my "friendly" bots died early. At least one of them helped me a lot with the enemy Yamato and torped it before dying which allowed me to pull the game out.

Game was all T10 for teams...

T10 IJN BB Yamato
T10 BRN CL Minotaur
T10 BRN CL Minotaur
T10 IJN CA Zao
T10 IJN CA Zao
T10 USN DD Gearing
T10 IJN DD Shimakaze
T10 IJN DD Shimakaze

Most of the team spawned up by A/B and I spawned down by D (was a 4 cap game) with a DD. As the game started a CL joined us that was more middle at the start. The enemy Yamato came at us and I got a good salvo on it then the CL torped it before dying. The DD with me died in like 5 seconds of the game starting
lol.gif
. My team up at A all died real fast. Wasn't long before I heard that "you are our last hope" message I have grown to hate.
33.gif
lol.gif

I went on into D and started capping when one of the Minotaur's and DD's arrived to start pelting me. Man, the Minotaur may have weak armor but good God does it shoot a ton of shells fast and it just whittles you down. I managed to get both of them and cap D. We were down points and caps so I started towards C when a Zao appeared. It was already hurt and one good salvo eliminated it. As I continued on towards C the last enemy ship, an almost full HP Minotaur, popped up and began pelting me. So I just angled away with it following, so it couldn't torp me, and obliterated it in 2 salvos for the win.

Not the damage you would expect in a T10 game with 4 kills but mainly because the ships were already hurt when I was down 4. I think it was at about the 3 minute mark when it was just me.
lol.gif
Still getting used to the ship and where to aim and such but the guns hit hard for sure. I will say so far I would take the 12 406MM's on Montana over the 9 460MM's on Yamato. Too soon though to tell how they play out long term.

So 1st carry with Yamato in the books at just game 2.
lol.gif

YAS3Pr1.jpg

pqtWQIy.jpg

djOyPpH.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my 11th game with Yamato. The jury is in = I like it!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
lol.gif

Still feeling it out a bit and trying to get used to the gun lead as well as those turrets that move so SLLLOOOWWWLLLYYYY! It requires a different play style from me. I am used to pushing right up behind the DD's and CL/CA's and engaging the enemy ships in close. That would be suicide in the Yamato because of how slowly the turrets turn.
31.gif

Your really can't let the DD's and CL/CA's get too close because you can't turn the guns fast enough to catch up to and shoot them. Same goes for not getting into a classic BB circle brawl. Just a bad idea. Yamato needs to stay back a ways and pound the enemy from range so that the guns don't have to move far to take a shot. IT is extremely accurate and as long as you give enough lead for the long hang time they really punish the ships when they hit.

If you do need to close with another BB and get close you do it drive by style. Angle the armor to bounce shot and try and hurt them as you close. Then hold your fire and get your guns lined up off to the side and slightly angled behind. As you fly past at full speed you give them a broadside as you go by. This usually deletes them or seriously hurts them. Then just keep going and wait for your guns to turn towards the rear. In the screenshot below I ended the game just as described above by taking out the enemy Montana.

We both approached each other angled and firing at each others guns as we closed. It managed to hit me pretty good once (Yamato has a weak area when angled bow on if you get hit just right) but I mostly just bounced the shots with little or no damage. I got it for a few decent 8-10K hits. Then I held fire as we got close and waited for the shot as I zoomed by. Caught it full broadside for a 60K hit that obliterated it to end game. I was like dammmnnn!
lol.gif

It requires a different playstyle and the guns don't always give up big damage but boy when they hit right they really punch hard. Took out a full HP Minotaur in the game below with just 4 shells at max range. I lead it half the screen it seemed and watched the shells arc out, hang, then drop dead center on it and then POOF!
lol.gif

No issues with poor gun performance so far with Yamato like I saw with so many other IJN ships.
thumbsup2.gif

This is my current high score with Yamato...

15Ge4CC.jpg

x1rmDnT.jpg

95kzkhE.jpg

Boy has today been rough. Ever since the update this AM the game has been really slow with a lot of glitches with the guns (firing on their own, firing when you select a secondary gun target, shells landing miles from where you aim, etc...) and it has been KILLING me! Literally. Have lost more games and dropped my win % to a low I haven't seen in a long time (95.96%). It only takes 1-2 losses with the # of games I have played to drop it good but it takes a ton of wins to raise it back up. I had it back up into the low 96% range before today and now it is down again.
33.gif
Also lost my 1st game ever in Bismarck. People are really ticked off as the game performance is really messing with the humans yet the bots are as accurate and never miss as ever.

I did have this really good game just now with Montana. Rammed the enemy one with our Des Moines on his last leg to seal the win. I want to play more but these losses because of game issues is keeping me from doing so.

8WA7V2O.jpg

4WJ7RsR.jpg

TNg0OzK.jpg

Was going to stop for the day and then was just looking in the port and realized I had the XP needed to move up in the BRN BB line. So it is time for a fleet update. Have added the BRN T6 BB Queen Elizabeth. I sold the T5 Iron Duke and transferred the Capt to the QE. I have enough low tier ships.

The QE doesn't get a lot of praise on the forums so hopefully this is not a long painful grind to the T7? We will see. Had enough Free XP built up since Yamato to fully upgrade it so I can play it right off. Will post 1st game results as usual once I play it.

Ship: Queen Elizabeth
Nation: British Royal Navy (BRN)
Tier: 6
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 55,300 HP
Armor: 16-330MM / 24% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 23.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 11.5 seconds
Turning Radius: 680m
Detection By Sea: 14.0km
Detection By Air: 11.4km

Main Armament: 4X2 381MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 17.1km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.0 shots per min ROF / 30 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 212m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 11,400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 6300 damage

Secondary Guns:
114MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range:
114MM = 4.2km ( dual purpose )

114MM = 13.33 shots per min ROF / 4.5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

114MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 14X1
20MM = 4X2
40MM = 4X8
114MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (increases survivability of main guns)
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range )
Slot 3 = Damage Control System Modification 1 (-3% risk of flooding and -5% risk of fires)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (20% to rudder shift time)

Camo:
Hunter (special one time use - not sure if I will purchase the permanent camo for it?)

Captain (8 Points):
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% to chance of damage to armaments)
2pt = Expert Marksman (reduces the time for turrets turning)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)

Port shots...

MTNis8l.jpg

h4xSFlp.jpg

nu7kH3Y.jpg

p160Kvm.jpg

PtHvWuG.jpg

X9FmoMb.jpg

Oh boy. Not a fan of the QE so far. Slow as snot, turrets take forever to turn (reminds me of Yamato it is so slow), and the guns are pretty inaccurate. This will be a long and painful grind it appears.
frown.gif

This is the 1st even 1/2 way decent game I have had in it. So no 1st game results as they were HORRIBLE (9780 damage is it!). If this is the bar for greatness, or even decent, in this ship all I can say is wow.
33.gif

IqOuFjF.jpg

hNp9mlR.jpg

4ZY7aAV.jpg

Been a while since I posted something. Haven't played much really. Played all my ships today though and ended the day with a match in my IJN T10 BB Yamato where I broke my all time high score w/ 233K+ in damage. Was a strange match as there was a division that included 2 T7 ships (CV and BB). They were divisioned up with a T8 BB and that dragged them into a T10 match. Only way a T7 can face a T10 as max is +2 tiers normally. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be in a T7 ship and see a Yamato.
27.gif
lol.gif

Anyway, I had one heck of a game. We actually got down ships early and it seemed like the team was giving up. So, not wanting to lose the game, I pulled my man pants up and charged the middle 2 caps on the Haven map and just started wrecking stuff and taking the focus off teammates. It let them regroup and come back. I did good damage to 6 of the 8 enemy ships and sunk 3. I eventually died after taking over 117K in damage from torps and enemy BB salvos.

Got to say while I haven't been a big fan of the IJN BB's, as any of you who have followed along with this thread know, Yamato is actually quite good. It takes a lot of damage and the guns can cause some major pain when you hit. I like it!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Also, not only did I set a new high, breaking my previous high of 229K in the USN T10 BB Montana, but this one was a win. My 229K game in Montana was actually a loss. So a new high set along with a win.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

P7wU0wa.jpg

OkLw6E3.jpg

rO4Vcf6.jpg

X4YXDRd.jpg

SCORE!!! 3rd Super Container in like a week but this one was actually a good one (other 2 had useless modules)

1xcOr5u.jpg

The horrible weekend warriors are out. Have a low tier loss for 1st time in a long time because of STUPID play by others like shooting HE into broadside CL's by our BB's. Worst thing that has happened to WOWS since I joined was the British BB's with their crazy HE and fire starting ability. I was really looking forward to them but now wish they hadn't come out. Now everyone who plays a BB thinks they should be using HE and it just hurts the team so bad when they don't use their best weapon = AP. Drives me INSANE!
lol.gif

Decided to play a couple Fiji games for a change of pace. Just set my high score for Fiji in a monster game with 6 kills. Was just me a T5 USN BB NY and an IJN T5 CA Furutaka. Rest were friendly bots. The Furutaka was AFK and the friendly bots, as usual, all died early only taking one with them. Tried to get the NY to come with me but he ran off alone so I took the D cap alone and sunk 5 taking/defending it. I then had to hunt down the enemy NY to sink it and end game.

Sometimes you just have to do it all alone. You never can count on friendly bots and seldom can you count on the humans either.
lol.gif

qsmPZVr.jpg

rM8MoIq.jpg

pkGTDt6.jpg

InTqRQQ.jpg

Hey guys time for another fleet update.

I was about 3/4 of the way to the French T7 CL Algerie and decided to use some of the Free XP I got earlier today in the SC to finish off the T6 and fully upgrade the T7. The T6 is an ok ship but with just 2 torps and a long reload for the guns it isn't a lot of fun to play because you are just a big easy to damage soda can with very little offensive power. Not a bad ship but not great either. So I sold it and transferred the Capt to the T7. Haven't played 1st game yet but will post results when I do as usual.

Note - there will be a new stat added to the ones I usually list. There has been a change to detection when firing in a smoke screen and they now provide that stat so starting with this ship that will now be included.

So the new ship is the...

Ship: ALGERIE
Nation: French Navy (FRN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Heavy Cruiser(CA)
Survivability(HP): 38,050 HP (actually it is 35,600 but I have a Capt skill that adds 350 HP p/ ship tier)
Armor: 6-110MM / 16% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 31 knots (jumps to 35.6 knots when the engine boost module is activated - lasts 180 seconds)
Rudder Shift: 7.6 seconds
Turning Radius: 660m
Detection By Sea: 13.4km
Detection By Air: 8.0km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 8.2km

Main Armament: 4X2 203MM (2 turrets front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 17.9km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 5.0 shots per min ROF / 12.0 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 146m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 4800 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2800 damage (15% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)

100MM = 15 shots per min ROF / 4.0 seconds RL (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): (Assorted caliber and types)
25MM = 6X2
37MM = 4X2
100MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Torpedoes: 2X3 550MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 90 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 9km
Torpedo Speed: 60 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 14,833
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1
Slot 3 = Steering Gears Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Camo:
Have not purchased the premium (permanent) camo. I have no idea if I will want to keep it long term and don't want to get stuck with a ship I don't want to sell because I spent real money on camo for it. I ran into that on the IJN BB's Nagato and Amagi which are now just sitting and rusting in port with their expensive camo because I no longer wish to play them (hate both) I have a whole bunch of camo I won in a recent mission I can use until I decide if I will keep it or not? The camo I used in the port photos is Atlantic Hunter.

Captain (8 Points):
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (helps protect turrets and other modules from damage -30% to the risk)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (increases reload speed as the ship loses HP)
3pt = Survivability Expert (adds 350 HP p/ ship tier so for a T7 +2450)

The French T7 Heavy Cruiser Algerie (port is Ocean)...

rWNRnle.jpg

6KKZSLX.jpg

DoP8xVq.jpg

NAncMQn.jpg

iTgDrFu.jpg

dh0AwcP.jpg

Finally got to play the new T7 French CA Algerie. 2 games actually so far. Not a bad ship at 1st glance. 12 seconds for the guns to reload seems to take a while but they are very accurate so you hit with a lot of the rounds when you aim right. AP damage is ok although not great. HE does a good job of setting fires. Haven't really had a good torp chance yet. Tried them in one game and missed both spreads. Not a good sign.
lol.gif

Here is 1st game. No flags, used a standard camo, and still made decent credits which is good. Only time will tell if I like it enough to keep and buy the permanent camo?

VlzKODI.jpg

ah8qLdg.jpg

YBfAD2Y.jpg

Last edited:
Time for a fleet update again...

Well, the day has arrived. May God help and have mercy on me.
lol.gif
I have purchased the USN T7 CA Pensacola. One of the hardest ships in the game to play due to how fragile and easy to kill it is. It is so soft and weakly armored that people say it is like driving a soda can hence it's nickname "Pepsicola". I have had it researched for a very long time but I never bought it. I just stopped at the T6 Cleveland because of how soft the "Pepsicola" is plus I got hooked on BB's and was playing them more.

However, WG is working on a US Cruiser line split which move Cleveland to a T8 Heavy Cruiser (I don't get that at all - will need a lot of improvements to play as a T8 - barely a good T6 IMO) and Pensacola becomes the new T6 Light Cruiser. Info is already leaking out on it along with photos so it should be sometime within a few months or so. I am not sure how they are handling ships you have researched but not purchased yet? I didn't want to lose all that XP I spent researching Pensacola so just to be safe I have purchased it.

Not sure how much I will play it in the current tier layout, with it a T7, but I now have it in port so I don't get screwed over when the line splits. I fully upgraded it and stuck an 8 point Captain in it so it is ready to go. Stats and port shots below. I will most likely try it out so will post 1st battle results as I always do later.

So, here is the "Pepsicola"...

Ship: PENSACOLA
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Heavy Cruiser(CA)
Survivability(HP): 36,750 HP (it is actually 34,300 HP but I added a Capt skill that increases HP by 350 per ship tier)
Armor: 6-102MM / 7% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 5.6 seconds
Turning Radius: 620m
Detection By Sea: 12.4km
Detection By Air: 7.8km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 7.3km

Main Armament 1: 2X2 203MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Armament 2: 2X3 203MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 15.7km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 4.0 shots per min ROF / 15.0 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 131m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 4600 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2800 damage (14% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 8X1 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
127MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)

127MM = 13.33 shots per min ROF / 4.5 seconds RL (dual purpose)

127MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): (Assorted caliber and types)
20MM = 17X1
40MM = 6X4
127MM = 8X1 (dual purpose)

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1
Slot 3 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Camo:
Have not purchased the premium (permanent) camo. I have no idea what changes will come with it going to T6 or if I will want to keep it (my initial thoughts are not). So for the port photos I just purchased and mounted a standard Type 5 camo.

Captain (8 Points):
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (helps protect turrets and other modules from damage -30% to the risk)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (increases reload speed as the ship loses HP)
3pt = Survivability Expert (adds 350 HP p/ ship tier so for a T7 +2450)

The USN T7 Heavy Cruiser Pensacola (port is Sarushima Base)...

6f5aZ2u.jpg

81MYWEN.jpg

KUSOTXJ.jpg

OYHAFe0.jpg

Jfcik3G.jpg

fI5pNk2.jpg

Last edited:
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif
33.gif

Just played a game in Pepsicola to see how fragile it is. OMG I only "WISH" it was armored with empty soda cans. WOW is it soft.
lol.gif

The ship is actually fairly quick and quite maneuverable so I was able to WASD and miss most of the shots sent my way but the enemy Scharnhorst managed to drop 3 shells from a salvo on my stern and it did 12,616 IN DAMAGE!!! What the [censored], that is a 1/3 of my HP from just 3 shells and I was angled going away. No wonder I love shooting AT them so much.
lol.gif

1st game in the books. I didn't do much but it was a win. I was mainly trying out the guns (15 second reload SUCKS!!!) which are accurate at least. Maneuvers well and fairly stealthy. I found an island to sit behind and lobbed shells onto the Scharnhorst as payment for it's earlier hit on me.
lol.gif
that was about it other than some early hits on a DD. Man this thing is FRAGILE!

fdhRd39.jpg

lws4oRm.jpg

UbPCLSQ.jpg

Just set my high score with the T7 French CA Algerie. I really like this cruiser. Not quite as powerful as Fiji but darn close. In this game everyone died right off leaving me and the CV alone to defend our base and ourselves against a big rush of enemy ships. Somehow we pulled it off with me ending up with just 900HP left, 119K in damage dealt out, and 5 kills.
lol.gif

nZtPesV.jpg

2PfrdYE.jpg

cBklYx8.jpg

Back