Under valve cover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily cts valve cover had a small leak, decided to start the VC gasket replacement tonite. I only had time to do the passenger side as I was watching my Dodgers punch their ticket to the World Series đź‘Ť. The previous owner had local dealership oil changes with M1 per the reciepts. I bought it w 114k miles, it now has 126k miles and I did 3 oil changes (approx 3k miles ea) in that time using smitty syn blend 5w30. I think it looks good.

Last edited:
Looks good and go Dodgers !!
thumbsup2.gif

Wish my 2002 Saab 9-5: B235E-engine looked that clean. Photos at 140,000kms:

of course these were notorious for sludge...

Regards
Jordan

I agree with you that it does look good. In fact it looks very good.
Been since 1988 the Dodgers went to a World Series... Wow. I find that surprising. Who can forget the game winning homerun by Kirk Gibson with two bad knees?? Ohh Eckersley shouldn't have thrown that back door slider
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
3k oil changes are a thing of the past.

Don’t spoil the moment.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I agree with you that it does look good. In fact it looks very good.
Been since 1988 the Dodgers went to a World Series... Wow. I find that surprising. Who can forget the game winning homerun by Kirk Gibson with two bad knees?? Ohh Eckersley shouldn't have thrown that back door slider
smile.gif

As Eck got older, he got to the point where he basically couldn't be trusted at all against lefty hitters (who get a really great view of a sidearming righty's release). I happened to see the games at Fenway in which he tied and then broke the career appearances record for a pitcher (held by Hoyt Wilhelm before him, presently held by Jesse Orosco) and he gave up a HR to the legendary lefty slugger BJ Surhoff in each game. These were the final games of Dennis' career...I just looked it up and lefties slugged .630 off him that season, very close to Ted Williams' career mark. Not good if you are making the average lefty hitter look like Ted Williams...

I liked Eck going back to his years with the Cubbies, then happened to encounter him in the bowels of Fenway while wandering around with a friend well before game time. Happened to catch his eye and was going to say something nice about his inevitable HOF induction as he walked by, but he looked away, rolled his eyes, shook his head, and muttered angrily under his breath. We weren't trying to stop him or engage him at all and he acted like we were worm feces for daring to share his oxygen.
I think David Price is just as big a jerk as Eck, but I have to admit that I liked it when he went all pit bull on Eck in public. I think those guys are just too much alike to possibly get along.

For a Subaru that's going to blow the bottom end out regardless of OCI, I'd agree - but the OPs CTS might see some benefit...

Yeah usually, but not when cleaning up a used vehicle when you first buy it!

Looks good, barkingspider!

Relax, Donald. The book says to use full synthetic GM4718m oil and go by the olm. I believe there’s no oil cooler on this vehicle hence the GM4718 requirement. I have a lot of smittys oil in my stash so I was gonna do a few 3k oci to as it was a new to me car. At this point, I will go 50% on the olm when I use syn blend oil and 95% on the olm when I use full synthetic.

"For a Subaru that's going to blow the bottom end out regardless of OCI, I'd agree - but the OPs CTS might see some benefit..."

Sadly, this might be the most truthful thing I have heard in a while.

Smittys is cheap oil.

Looking good! Here is the N52N in my son's 108,500 mile 2009 328i. BMW 5W-30 synthetic was used up to the last oil change, when he switched to BMW 0W-30 synthetic. The shortest OCI has been 15,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back