Want someone to do my valve adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Have you ever cleaned the EGR passages on this vehicle? Have you had to replace ignition coil or two? How about sliding door issues? Worn out alternator? Bulbs going out on the clock and on dash? Apart from transmission, those are the most likely issues that one faces with this vehicle. Almost everything else would be routine maintenance on it.

If you have cleaned the EGR passage, then replacing the valve cover gaskets would be not too much work at that time. Replacing the spark plug tubes looks little tricky based upon the videos that I have seen but with few right diameter sockets it should be doable.

Now at this stage you can certainly check the clearance and if really needed can think about adjusting it then. Replacing timing belt does no need to touch anything in this area.

Are you planning on doing he timing belt yourself?

I did replaced EGR Vavle and clean the intake also not so long ago. Already replaced the alternator, 1 ignition coil, and clean up transmission solenoids. Sliding doors and clock blub are still good. The only thing I don't touch is timing belt job and valve adjustment. This weekend mechanics doing timing belt job only and I might hold on to valve adjustments for now. Can't decided for valve adjustment yet.

I have question about antifreeze should I switch it to OEM blue type antifreeze or stick with it what I have been using which is prestone antifreeze green color? Been using that for long time.

I ask this because during the timing belt I need to change the antifreeze.

Last edited:
I do not believe that model year came with the blue type. At least on my 1999 it has been Prestone green since day one.

Didn't you go through few issues with the thermostat etc? Didn't you loose some anti-freeze while changing the the thermostat? What did you use to replenish it?

Last edited:
Yes I did and I filled her back up with the Prestone green coolant. I'm going to change the coolants to OEM blue type coolants during the timing belt replacement.

Mechanic just got done with my t-belt job with new OEM blue coolant. I have not driven it yet, driving it tonight. I need call Honda and Acura delearship for Vavle adjustment price on Monday.

Originally Posted By: Trav

120K timing belt yes valve adjustment no on that engine. Do it at the next timing belt change (200K) then never again.
The best thing you can do for that vehicle is keep the PCV valve changed every 30K and change the oil and service the transmission religiously.

Trav, how about for a 2011 Pilot? Its first timing belt is coming up soon at 100k. Should I put off the valve adjustment? Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Rohan
Trav, Vikas is right about that many miles on my van. I do not have any codes at this time.

Vikas you don't think I needed a valve adjustment at that many mileage?

$1400 does not included timing belt install.

I'm going to let someone hear my van and tell me if I have any noisy valves.
It isn't the noisy valves you need to worry about, it is the quiet exhaust valves that will burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back