Bosch D+, 9123 miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the fram 3600 equivalent with 6 months on service, from my sister's 2000 sienna (RP HMX 5W-30)

I also cut open a fram XG6607, but there is not much to see there, all FU look generally the same

Hey, straight pleats here on a filter much longer than a 14612. There's a concept
smile.gif

This looks pretty good. Thank you for your good work here koffy.

Even though both were made by puros, those D+ apparently hold up well, I installed another one on the sienna,,I got them at Wally World for 4 bucks

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
My D3422

full-51138-13716-20171013_174059.jpg

Aggggg, I guess I’m not gonna leave that filter for 2 OCI as I had planned
eek.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: koffy

eek.gif

Yeah, I was debating doing it (2 OCI), till I saw MrQuackers.
I have 2 of them (the D+ 3422) for my Scion.
I am still OK with using one for a ~5000 mile interval, and your post here helps confirm that.

Thanks for posting. Looks like yours caught quite a bit of stuff in it. How many miles on the Van?

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: koffy

eek.gif

Yeah, I was debating doing it (2 OCI), till I saw MrQuackers.
I have 2 of them (the D+ 3422) for my Scion.
I am still OK with using one for a ~5000 mile interval, and your post here helps confirm that.

Thanks for posting. Looks like yours caught quite a bit of stuff in it. How many miles on the Van?

160K,,, yea some “black flour” but it was a 9k miles OCI, the tearolator from my xterra collected more in just 4K miles,,, maybe it’s that RP HMX that loosens up more stuff than other oils

I'll be using my Bosch for 5k or however many miles I drive until spring. Sad since it's paired with Belgian Castrol. These filters heavy as [censored], which is the main reason I used them. Fit and finish was nice too, but I didn't know that the media was from the P1. Depending on how it comes out I'll probably use the other one I got from Walmart some other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back