2018 Toyota 4 Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister just bought a 2018 Limited 4Runner. This is her third. Absolutely no issues with her first two.

I was looking at a 17-18 4-runner but realized the don't come with a third row, or at least I couldn't find one for sale.
I really like the pearl white limited one. I may have to settle for a used one with a third row or a highlander but really wanted a 4-runner.`

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I was looking at a 17-18 4-runner but realized the don't come with a third row, or at least I couldn't find one for sale.
I really like the pearl white limited one. I may have to settle for a used one with a third row or a highlander but really wanted a 4-runner.`

I just a quick check at Toyota of Orlando (don't know where in FL you are, obviously) and they have 7 4Rs with third rows in stock.
http://www.toyotaoforlando.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=4Runner&trim=&packages=Fabric-Trimmed+50%2F50+Split+Fold-Flat+3rd+Row&packages=Leather-Trimmed+50%2F50+Split+Fold-Flat+3rd+Row&showSubmit=true&showInvTotals=false&facetbrowse=true&showRadius=false&listingConfigId=auto-new&dependencies=model%26amp%3B%26%23x23%3Bx3a%26%23x3b%3Bmake%2Ccity%26amp%3B%26%23x23%3Bx3a%26%23x3b%3Bprovince%2Ccity%26amp%3B%26%23x23%3Bx3a%26%23x3b%3Bstate&suppressAllConditions=compliant&searchLinkText=SEARCH&saveFacetState=true&showReset=false&facetbrowseGridUnit=BLANK&showSelections=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-packages-1

Called the Hilux here, a well respected ute (pick-up) with solid body on frame and 4.0L V6 petrol (gas) or 3.0L I-4 Diesel engine and almost always 4WD. There are some base models with 2WD and a smaller engine.

For us the covered in SUV model is now called the Fortuner, previously the 4Runner.

When I worked in the mines of outback Australia we used a lot of Hilux utes, and they were very strong, we beat on them hard ....no harder than that, very very hard ..... and they held together well. I remember driving them under ground, and some of the guys wouldn't even use the brakes, when it came time to stop, they just drove them in to the wall of the tunnel (at low speed) and just let the engine stall. No brakes, No key, just slam - stall - jump out Some of those outback miners were crazy. The only thing that sometimes broke was the seat.
(BTW my login name is unrelated .... it was months before I realized the Toyota connection. I believe it stands for Sport Rally 5-Speed in original Toyota speak, which I like. )

Anyway ..... great cars / trucks.

Back in June I bought a TRD Pro 2017
My wife and I liked it so much we bought another , a2018trd pro in September.
My Toyota history includes
2010 FJ cruiser (trail team)
20104runner SR5
2006 4Runner
2006tacoma
2002tacoma
2001tacoma

Never had a warranty issue or quality issue with any of them.(the Tacoma’s All had a irritating dash rattle that is absent in the Japanese manufactured sums

As far as the new engine in the Tacoma, I am not a fan, I test drove and it is less than enthusiastic and the automatic transmissions shifts are awkward.
To be honest we rushed out and bought these because of rumors that they will use that horrible Tacoma powertrain. The 1gr fe and 5speed transmission has earned my trust and respect for reliability and predictable performance.

I live in the 4corners and the 4runners fit our my needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back