:::Why Is The New Ranger Taking So Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an old F-150 (maybe early 70s?) on our deer lease and it had the F-150 badges on the cab side,an "Explorer" hood ornament,and "Ranger" badges on the bedsides. We named it "Old Blue". When did Ford separate these three names?

imagine fords 2.7 ecoboost V6 in a midsize... It would be king of the midsizes in terms of output (at least onpar with the 2.8 duramax in the GM twins).

Alot of folks in here don't seem to see the need for a midsize when "you can get a full size for a couple thousand more". I went through that earlier this year. Was pretty sure I wanted a 5.0 F150. Turns out, for the money sure you get a larger vehicle with a longer bed. but not much else... Start adding options and the price shoots up pretty high. Add to that the fact you are driving around a giant truck that you don't need everyday... Maybe in more rural areas that makes sense. I do wish the midsize trucks were less money. I guess it comes down somewhat to options. fully optioned midsize or base full size?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
We had an old F-150 (maybe early 70s?) on our deer lease and it had the F-150 badges on the cab side,an "Explorer" hood ornament,and "Ranger" badges on the bedsides. We named it "Old Blue". When did Ford separate these three names?

"Ranger" used to be an appearance package on the F-Series from 1965-81. The Ranger pickup was introduced in 1983.
"Explorer" was a trim package on F-Series trucks starting around 1972 until 1986. The Explorer SUV was introduced in 1990 as a 1991 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back