Rust Proof Brake Rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I like my Duralast Gold rotors on my car. I bet they will be rust free for just about their whole lifetime in use.

The best part about them is I could rerurn them easily if I screwed up somehow.
When I replaced the the front and rear pads and rear rotors I spent a little over $100 due to there discounts at the time.

That's a very good deal there. Can't beat that with a stick. And a 3 year warranty to boot. Longest one I found amongst AAP, AZ and O Reilly's. The others were all 2 yr warranty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dogememe
I think Bosch QuietCast offers the same. Might be easier to find, depending on where you buy your auto parts.

I've now been using the Quietcast exclusively. Well worth the money, IMO.

The Advance Auto/Carquest WearEver Platinum rotors I just bought for my 2016 Forester are painted on all non wear surfaces with a grey coating. They were only about $5 more each for this application.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I got some from RockAuto that have the hat and vanes coated with black something or other, DURA INTERNATIONAL. Not expensive either.

BR900292-02_1__ra_p.jpg

I got those on my parent's van, they weighed the same as OEM Aisin/Advics but Dura(DuraGo now) has gotten into hot water about "lightweight" rotors and the minute I see cracks on them I'm pulling them off for Akebono(WorldPac) or Centric.

I had some lifetime guaranteed Raybestos Brute Stops for my Ford Taurus and in a year they started getting radial cracks. But the grantee, according to RockAuto, was only good until I opened the box.....

The Duras are on my Accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back