Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Anybody invest in International ETF's ?

Heck yeah. It goes against most analysts advice but I am near 80% International equity right now, and I am loving the ride. I even had 3X leveraged ETF's in my mix. Cha-Ching! (At least for the moment, LOL)

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
23K by the end of the year??

Have now recovered my earlier loses and made my target gains for the year.

Just sold TICC. Was under water with it. Now have ~30% cash.

Just in case....

coffee2.gif

Just bought BPL under $54. Not sure if it will go lower, but even if they drop div to keep coverage, I think the long term prospects are good. Losses from operations in TX and the Caribbean are factored in. Ill just dividend reinvest for the long run anyway.

My financial advisor who has never lost me money called me yesterday and said there is a correction coming so we are going to re balance you into more conservative funds temporarily. (They have over 100 years of experience and are the largest managers of assets in Canada)

I also sold off a bunch of stock I was holding that typically falls when the markets do.

It's hard to time the market however right before the 08/09 crash this same advisor came to me months before and told me the markets didn't feel right to their company and that I should re-balance into conservative funds. Sure enough the market tanked and I retained all my investment gains in years prior.

Just my $0.02 on the subject.

Last edited:
The way that it works with my financial advisor is they take a percentage off the top. So if the investments make 10%, 2% would go to them and 8% would come to me.

The percentage has tiered levels with the top being about 2%.
The lower percentage I earn, the lower % management fee I pay.
If the investment makes no money or looses then I don't pay.

There are no other fees.

I like this setup because it's pay for performance.
wink.gif
I have never lost money. I have had minimal gains and excellent gains but no losses.

I can call or e-mail him any time.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stockrex
I am thinking of selling all my holdings and going all cash in the near term,
lock in some profits?

You might be 100% right. However, the fact that lots of people are thinking and doing that is actually a bullish sign. It appears there is not much "irrational exuberance" right now. People are actually a bit unnerved right now, so thats a positive contrarian sign.

I have no idea why you guys continually get in and out of the market so much; are you doing it with retirement money or "play" money? the more you do it, the more taxes will absolutely obliterate your gains in a taxable account. If you can't handle a 10% correction, you shouldn't even be in stocks.

There is no sign at all of ANYTHING that preceded 2007/2008. There were warning signs then out the kazoo - new highs vs new lows had diverged for over a year; same with advance decline line on the major indexes; the yield curve inverted, the high yield spread was diverging from risk assets a year in advance etc. The economy was at the peak of an interest rate cycle. Non of that is happening today. In fact, long term yields are looking like they may FINALLY break out.

We're coming out of a bear market from 2015 with some of the strongest chart patterns ever seen. There's no doubt a strong pullback will occur, but shoot, talk about a buying opportunity.

Last edited:
I have been putting less into the markets and putting more into rental properties. I have one so far and I'm about to buy my second one. This is good in uncertain economic times because it's something that goes up in value (for the most part) and generates rental income to pay the house off.

I don't over leverage but I could if I wanted to and really accelerate it.

I will retire in about 20 years at 55 with 3 houses paid for if I keep on this plan, along with healthy reserves in the bank for living below my means.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665

End of the WEEK!

We will be at Dow 28,000 within the next year and a half IMO; that is where the next ultra long term trendline in the Dow is going back a century. It's literally the only pure technical resistance left.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Just bought BPL under $54. Not sure if it will go lower, but even if they drop div to keep coverage, I think the long term prospects are good. Losses from operations in TX and the Caribbean are factored in. Ill just dividend reinvest for the long run anyway.

It'd got a decent div.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

End of the WEEK!

We will be at Dow 28,000 within the next year and a half IMO; that is where the next ultra long term trendline in the Dow is going back a century. It's literally the only pure technical resistance left.

I hope you're right.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

End of the WEEK!

I hope you're right.

Have you been reading all the market articles about it being over bought by at least 20%?
My guess is by 30 and I'm out.

Sold out everything except for GE, dang piece of diaper Ge dropped $10 in last few months, what the grits!

I am holding on for a few more week, I only have 50k in GE, so the damage won't be major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back