G37 PS issues-help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I have a 2010 Infiniti g37x with 140k miles. Last week while leaving after work, the steering felt quite stiff, it took a lot of effort to move it out of the parking spot. It seemed to get a little better at high speeds. Took it to the local mechanic who said it was the PS pump, flushed the system and replaced the pump. The steering now feels marginally better but nowhere close to how it felt before this issues. Any ideas as to what would be wrong? There are no leaks anywhere. Anything else to be tried before considering a rack replacement? Alternatively, can I just keep driving it this way it there is no safety/damage concern?
thanks

If the pump failed it could have sent all sorts of debris into the rack. You might have no choice but to replace the rack now. You could try flushing it again throughly working the steering back/forth in the process and see if it's salvageable.

Was it a new pump? Could it be this replacement pump is worn and not putting out adequate pressure?

I know... A bottle of >> will work because my uncles, dad's hairstylists, fathers, second wife used it and it made a whole new car.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I know... A bottle of >> will work because my uncles, dad's hairstylists, fathers, second wife used it and it made a whole new car.
lol.gif

Funny you say that. I decided to add some Seafood Transtune today and it feels better! Actually not sure if it feels better, figured no harm trying if I'm going to need a new rack anyway.

Originally Posted By: xkunalx
Originally Posted By: StevieC
lol.gif

Funny you say that. I decided to add some Seafood Transtune today and it feels better! Actually not sure if it feels better, figured no harm trying if I'm going to need a new rack anyway.

25.gif
Cool! Hope it stays that way...
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back