Just returned from Colorado in Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back Friday night. Put 2500 miles on the 2017 Fusion in two weeks. I zeroed out the on board thing and ran the engine 50 hours. Mileage was 35.1 for the round trip, but several hundred miles was touring while there. Up one mountain and down another. Took 24 from Colo Springs up to Woodland Park to Cripple Creek, then to Buena Vista, then down 24 t0 Salida. Next day traveled 24 back north to Leadville(Lots of snow) on up to I 70 through Vail and Vail Pass to 91, then back to Leadville, and had a late lunch at Pizza Hut. Then down to Twin Lakes, and up to Independence Pass(very neat drive) then through Aspen to Snowmass for 10 days(the Weston). Side trip to Maroon Bells and other local trips. Long runs across the plains, the Fusion got 37 to 39 MPG. All in all the Fusion performed great, but a little sluggish in the higher elevations, but OK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
A 4 cyl yes? That is excellent mpgs.

It really is. About 4 MPG better than my 2007 Fusion 2.3 I4

Yeah I bet when you are up above 800 mb the motor would be effected by such a loss of available oxygen in the air. Glad you had a very good trip. I would really like to drive in many of the places you went.

I just drove through a similar path in my prius at some pretty high speeds and got around 43 mpg. Your mpg are pretty dang impressive for a non hybrid.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I bet when you are up above 800 mb the motor would be effected by such a loss of available oxygen in the air. Glad you had a very good trip. I would really like to drive in many of the places you went.

Colorado is amazing. I will make an attempt to post pics.

That would be fantastic!! I really do like pictures from the mountains out west or from the Appalachian mountains.

The Mazda derived 2.5 for the win !! That really is a solid engine. I have it in the car that's not mine but I get to drive around 24/7 from work: 2015 Fusion. The low end torque mainly, is really good.

Subbed! Sounds like a great trip (and great mpg), wouldn't mind seeing the pics.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Got back Friday night. Put 2500 miles on the 2017 Fusion in two weeks. I zeroed out the on board thing and ran the engine 50 hours. Mileage was 35.1 for the round trip, but several hundred miles was touring while there. Up one mountain and down another. Took 24 from Colo Springs up to Woodland Park to Cripple Creek, then to Buena Vista, then down 24 t0 Salida. Next day traveled 24 back north to Leadville(Lots of snow) on up to I 70 through Vail and Vail Pass to 91, then back to Leadville, and had a late lunch at Pizza Hut. Then down to Twin Lakes, and up to Independence Pass(very neat drive) then through Aspen to Snowmass for 10 days(the Weston). Side trip to Maroon Bells and other local trips. Long runs across the plains, the Fusion got 37 to 39 MPG. All in all the Fusion performed great, but a little sluggish in the higher elevations, but OK.

Junk Ford

j/k

Nice MPGs

One other thing about the 2017 Fusion. Just before we got home from the Colorado trip the oil mileage light came on with about 5K on this oil run. I turned the light off as my normal OCI is 10K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back