308 to punch paper off hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought it, they had just gotten it in. Had I known they were going to keep raising the price, I would have bought much more. I believe the limit when I purchased it was something like 7 cases a year. I only bought 3. The stuff is fantastic range ammo, and it's very accurate.

Originally Posted By: billt460
When I bought it, they had just gotten it in. Had I known they were going to keep raising the price, I would have bought much more. I believe the limit when I purchased it was something like 7 cases a year. I only bought 3. The stuff is fantastic range ammo, and it's very accurate.

Yes, HXP will hold the X ring all day.

During my divorce the appraiser told me a story of an estate he auctioned, the guy had enough ammo to fill a small uhaul van. 1 guy bought all the ammo and as he was driving off the back of the uhaul the back was bottoming out.

I don't want to be that guy :)
And selling ammo, with all the junk going on selling any firearms related to anyone I don't know is a bit scary.

Back on topic, HXP ball is bit to heavy for what I shoot, I shoot reduced range, 100/200. So after I have 1k empty brass, will send it out to get processed and then reload it with 110 SP or a 125 SP bullet. The guys who shoot the lighter bullet say that they can see the bullet hit the target due to the lack of recoil!

I think ammo went as high at $1/round during the last shortage. So hindsight is...

I remember few years back CMP had the spam cans with bandoleers, those were the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back