I don't know how it all came to this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: e55amgbenz007
Red Line's 5Wt Racing Oil was free. Two cases thanks to Amazon. The old school Red Line Dex II was mistakenly purchased about 6 years ago. I still haven't found a use for that.

I'd use both of them in my hybrid
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
That's a good start
laugh.gif

Yep. I maintain 7-8 vehicles, plus quite a few pieces of farm machinery.
You should also see my filter selection.

Originally Posted By: Neely97
I thought you were from Australia.

Too thin mate. Not enough 15W-40 or 20W-50.

WOW I thought my stash was big with about 120 qts of various oils ,,,,,,

It's part of the BITOG lifestyle, with 5 cars to maintain and I am going to be off work for a while I am glad I stocked up!

I have just changed oil on 3 cars for under 30 bucks with Bosch filters being the most expensive part of the oil change with full synthetic oil

LOL, yeah, it sneaks up on you sometimes. When it is all stored under a bench and out of sight, you don't think much about it.

When you have it all out on display like this, you start to wonder what is wrong with you.

I recently had said no more, I am fine with my ~27 gallons of oil (why does that sound so much worse that 108 qts?). I had done well.
Then I got a bike and need some 15w-40. Bough 1 gallon of Supertech 15w-40. That was going to be my plan, one jug at a time as I needed it.
Then Advance goes and puts Peak 15w-40 Synblend on clearance.
Next thing I know I have another 7 gallons ( Then I ordered an e-pack (6 gallon bag of oil) of Castrol HM for $4.50 from Walmart on a whim, thinking it would be cancelled, but it was not.
So 6 more gallons of oil (under the workbench, ran out of space on the "display" shelf).

I need to get it all out and count again (I think I am at 40 gallons?), so I can be sad (and brag as well).

I have what’s on that section to the right … somehow too many of my quarts are ATF … and now having an 8 quart fill I’ll be looking for deals on quarts …

I did rearrange a bit of it and it's all there now. I can post a picture later and maybe we could entertain ourselves here in a weird tribologist way and have a contest to see who can guess the closest to exact amount of quarts.

I normally give tons of oil away to friends and those who are less fortunate. I used to change a bunch of my student's family cars as many were low income. I'd love to figure out a way to donate some to people who may be in need. And no, I don't mean to the folks who come up with the "sure, you can send it my way" remarks the are sure to follow.

Last edited:
There is a small(er) school in Jamestown, close to where I am. Many of the folks who attend are of a lower socioeconomic status. This may be an opportune time to partner with the school and come up with a creative way to help out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back