Better Spray Options than Turtle Wax Ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The confusion between sealants and waxes is industry wide. A lot of products call themselves spray wax or quick detailer when they are actually a spray sealant. Some sprays have carnauba in them like the Optimum spray wax but the polymer sealant is still the bigger portion of the product.

Originally Posted By: VetteElite
Meg's D15601 Synthetic X-Press

Heard good stuff with this wax. Personally I am using Eagle 1 wax as you dry and am having good results. I am planning on making the switch to D156 because of the bulk purchase and good reviews

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

Heard good stuff with this wax. Personally I am using Eagle 1 wax as you dry and am having good results. I am planning on making the switch to D156 because of the bulk purchase and good reviews

I will be giving it a try too...this one is available at Walmart, isn't it?

Just received my Amazon order for a gallon of Meg's D15601/D156 Synthetic X-Press to try. (Has D15601 & D156 on the jug)
grin.gif

But I'll have to use up the ICE first I guess, if I can wait that long.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

+1

Also bottled as Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

+2. Works well standalone, as a drying aid, and is very reasonable as it can be bought by the gallon.

This is again why I think we should have a locked sticky thread in the forum with a quick reference guide of BITOG top picks.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
There is no spray-on wax that will last past the first car wash. Spray-on wax may be convenient, but they just don't last at all.

Stay with the Ice. It's as good as any of this type of product.

Eagle One Wax as you dry will last for 3 washes and 3 months and still decently bead water. It is the longest lasting spray wax I have found.

I have a friend who owns a body shop and he details cars when they are done with Eagle One "Wax As You Dry". Apply to a wet car just after you washed it and chamois the wax/water off. Best stuff I have ever used if you already have a decent finish.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I have a friend who owns a body shop and he details cars when they are done with Eagle One "Wax As You Dry". Apply to a wet car just after you washed it and chamois the wax/water off. Best stuff I have ever used if you already have a decent finish.

Have you tried any other similar products or just that one?

dump the ice,like others mentioned megs d156 is decent...i like optimum,ultima and car pro spray sealants/waxes

Last edited:
I've had luck with Eagle One's Superior Nanowax as a quick "spray wax" after routine washing or running through a automatic car wash. It also doesn't have mineral oil/stoddard solvent per the ingredients label, it's just water, a bit of glycol and carnuba wax with a few non disclosed ingredients.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I like Ice because it doesn't leave white residue on matte black plastic like fender trim and etc, but it doesn't seem to keep paint and headlight lenses slick very long.

Is there a more durable clear non-residue spray on wax /sealant I might try that doesn't cost a lot? Needs to help bugs not stick to Lexan/plexi motorcycle windshield too, and be good for headlight and tail light lens.

Thanks for the suggestion, would you please suggest me a top one under $50 for waxing my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back