ATF for 2013 Mazda 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Im the OP...

first, just to clarify that i do not have the SkyActive power train.
I have the last model before that, which means i need M-V ATF Fluid from what gathered based on your comments.

As i had previously stated if there are no "aftermarket" ATF fluids like Maxlife that work well in this tranmission then i will in no way use them.
But then i see some comments that apparently MAXLIFE can work and i saw the PDF that states Maxlife is suitable for M-V Mazda application.

I think my course of action will be as follows:

if the OEM M-V fluid from the dealership is crazy expensive then i will go with MaxLife based on the fact that it is suitable for M-V application according to valvoline and it is at a reasonable price at Autozone although the OEM fluid will be my priority.

Just an example of synthetic oil prices in Mexico:

Mobil 1 Ow-40 & Castrol EDGE 5w-30: $13 USD per quart.

It hasn't stopped from always using it in my cars though haha..

Definitely use the maxlife if OEM is overpriced.

Wow that's some crazy prices for synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Definitely use the maxlife if OEM is overpriced.

Wow that's some crazy prices for synthetic.

Yes, i definitely will use maxlife if the OEM is way overpriced.
I definitely never considered some no name ATF from a quick lube place.

If i have learned ssomething in BITOG is to check the spec the OEM requires for that application and the confirm the fluid you intend to use is approved or at least recommended of that specific application (VW 502.00 for example).

And synthetics are expensive in Mexico due to most people here dont have the culture and knowledge that synthetics are much better in general and all its benefits they just want to put dino 25w-50 in everything..

Thank you so much for your support.

I guess the 2.5L from that year did not have the Skyactiv Drive AT. The Skyactiv Drive requires Mazda's proprietary FZ fluid. Even though one of the aftermarket companies out there claims compatibility, it's wrong. FZ is a full synthetic low viscosity fluid. I did a D&F with four quarts of it and paid $60, including shipping. Honestly, though, I really don't think I needed to do it. After 60K miles the old fluid was pretty darned clean and stink free. I don't plan to do it again.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
I believe the only fluid approved for that vehicle is Mazda OE fluid. A local Mazda3 owner here recently had a trans flush done at a quick lube, the trans then started making some noise, Mazda denied the warranty claim because non OE fluid was used.

Sounds like something that would violate the Magnuson-Moss Act.

thank you so much for this information!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back