Use Harley Oil or Amsoil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting close to 21,000 miles on my 14 Road King, Im going to jinx myself by saying this all the time but it still has not needed a repair.
Yes, yes, I know and expect it will one day for sure.

No payments is also a nice plus.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Getting close to 21,000 miles on my 14 Road King, Im going to jinx myself by saying this all the time but it still has not needed a repair.
Yes, yes, I know and expect it will one day for sure.

No payments is also a nice plus.
Same here. My 09 Superglide is about to trip 34,000 miles. I did have to replace the rear brake light switch last year.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Way back when I owned Harley-Ds, the owners manual specifically stated I could use diesel engine oil if their branded oil was not available, but to change it as soon as practical back to HD oil.

Unfortunately now, you must have a VIN to seek the owner's manual. So I cannot tell you what it states now.

If you use the "search" at the top right of the Harley Info Portal you can find "Owners Manuals" without having to input a VIN.

You can also search for Accessory Part numbers and find many of the installation destructions
smile.gif

You can search with other terms like "Oil Cooler" too.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like the 09 is doing well! Im hoping for the same, I look around, and look and honestly, not wanting to replace my bike with any other, yes, sure I like A LOT of bikes but would be to afraid of possibly regretting a new purchase and why I would like a second bike, not to get rid of the first, but that will never happen ... :eek:) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back