Have you ever used a motor flush? Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
16oz in tonight as top off.
Drove 26 miles without going over 2k RPM.

Changing tomorrow.

???? Would you recommend
1) change when cold. It is like 20 degrees so about 30 in the garage.
2) idle and change
3) drive to my appointment in the morning and change when I get back. 30 miles round trip.

I usually just let her cool enough after a trip and change.
Wasn’t sure with the BG109 since I didn’t follow the instructions.

I like your review on Amazon.com.
lol.gif
"Many bob is the oil guys say to run it for 1,000 miles"

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I like your review on Amazon.com.
lol.gif
"Many bob is the oil guys say to run it for 1,000 miles"

Not my review. Haven’t used it until tonight.
And thanks but i bought the quart on eBay.

Last edited:
Made the second trip but no time to change it today. Oil on dipstick isn’t any darker. Not surprised with this engine and the OCIs I’ve been running the last 120k

All I can say is after the 44 treatment and running QSUD 5w30 she hasn’t lost even half a quart in 2k Miles

In older beaters (like my truck), I put a quart of kerosene through it once it gets a quart low. I do this about 2-3 times a year.

In nice vehicles, like my Hondas, I give them an annual dose of Kreen.

I have used Kreen on my 96 E300 Diesel with almost 250k. It can be used in fuel too. I did both not only did the engine quitened but the Injector knock at startup was gone.

I put 2 quarts of diesel into a marine motor with 2 quarts of random 530 or 1040.

I did 3 or 4 (warm ups) until the oil pressure dropped to 20 psi.

That oil was Soo black when I drained it.

The 10 year old black oil was gone, and the valve springs were spotless.

I have used motormedic a few times but only on vehicles where I know the maintenance history. I have also used Berrymans B12 a few times and it did just fine at idle for 15 minutes. Keep in mind, my engines are well maintained on regular intervals for the most part.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
All I can say is after the 44 treatment and running QSUD 5w30 she hasn’t lost even half a quart in 2k Miles

I should’ve said I ran the EPR. I don’t know if it is the different oil or the EOR.

Recently used BR EPR in my 2000 Honda Accord (230K miles, I got the car with 220K, maintenance history unknown). The car used to darken the oil fairly quickly after an oil change. Without a doubt, the oil is staying much cleaner now (700 miles into this oil change, it would of darkened by now, it still looks almost new).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back