My brother saving lives. So proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother started on a research grant freshly out of MiT. Today the devices his company is creating using off the shelf parts is saving lives all over the world in poor and 3rd world countries. He spends most of his time presenting papers all over the world and working with hospitals to save as many lives as possible.

Super proud of my brother and thought I would share it.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/blo...s-resuscitator/

He also did a post doc in the Sloan engine laboratory at MiT, if you have never been there it's a pretty amazing place with some really amazing projects going on. Heck MiT in general is really cool.

http://web.mit.edu/kcedrone/www/

Props to your bro!!
11.gif

Crazy how one little contraption can be whipped up overnight yet help out so many. Pretty awesome!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
My brother started on a research grant freshly out of MiT. Today the devices his company is creating using off the shelf parts is saving lives all over the world in poor and 3rd world countries. He spends most of his time presenting papers all over the world and working with hospitals to save as many lives as possible.

Super proud of my brother and thought I would share it.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/blo...s-resuscitator/

He also did a post doc in the Sloan engine laboratory at MiT, if you have never been there it's a pretty amazing place with some really amazing projects going on. Heck MiT in general is really cool.

http://web.mit.edu/kcedrone/www/

Cool, is he Canadian too? His invention may lead to him being famous not just now, but for a very long time.

He is Canadian but married to a wonderful American woman and he's in Boston. Miss that I don't get to see him regularly.
frown.gif

Great work, and you also need to get your bro to post here as an expert in automotive combustion!
Maybe he can teach us the secrets of LSPI...
;^)

That's incredible! What a great invention! I love that he built it out of "garbage" car sensors, some great out of the box thinking there.

All this negativity about America but reality is we attract the best and brightest around the globe and extremely successful country.

I hope this does not get undone in the process of “saving jobs” or America First whatever.

So much opppurtunity to make money, innovate and educate!
34.gif
in the process make the world a better place.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
All this negativity about America but reality is we attract the best and brightest around the globe and extremely successful country.

I hope this does not get undone in the process of “saving jobs” or America First whatever.

34.gif

This is where I can't vibe with radical conservatism or radical liberalism views... I am all for "Make America Great Again!" BUT with the knowledge that one thing America benefits from is the ingenuity and ambition of foreigners.

If a Canadian assembled a life saving device in America ... SWEET! If someone wants to dog the person for being Canadian, screw em.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

34.gif

He was on the honour list and got the Society of Automotive Engineers award and made the Deans list at Waterloo University here in Ontario and MiT actually came up and said he could come down there and do his undergrad for free, He said how about doing his PHD with a specialization in fluid dynamics, They said no at first so naturally he did too. They came back with Ok fine but you have to pay for room/board. It's been 10 years now that he has been in Boston, MA. He's married with a kid on the way and doing crazy well.

The country definitely knows how to attract the worlds talent and benefit from it. He got a $200,000+ education for free and had his PHD in mechanical engineering with a specialization in fluid dynamics paid and all done by the time he was 26!
shocked.gif

I told him I would answer the phones for him when he started his money pressing operation and he can pay me in Canadian dollars so he can save about 25%
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back