Why Is 13 Such A Dangerous Number ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. All kinds of bad stuff is supposed to happen to everyone on the planet.

I'm sitting here with my Snap-on 13mm Long Combination Wrench in my right hand. I luv this wrench.
grin2.gif

234 millimeters long!
smile.gif

12-Point 13 mm Long Metric Combination Wrench

It’s not … #13 was the only pump to take my SpeedPass today and some punk did not give my credit card back …

Some say that it stems from when the King of France declared the Knights Templar illegal, thereby cancelling out his large debt to their bank. Their leader, Jacques DeMolay, was arrested on Friday the 13th 1314.Other lore surrounding this, is that the:

Shroud of Turin is actually from DeMolay.

Most of the Templar fleet escaped to Scotland and Portugal.

Some of the Templar Fleet became Pirates, robbing only countries ships that were aligned with the Pope.

The "Jolly Roger" flag was named after a Templar King of Sicily.

Templar Sir Henry Sinclair sailed to North America before Columbus.

Roger Moore played Simon Templar in "The Saint", with the open showing reading books on the Templar Knights as a boy.

FROM WIKIPEDIA: As European support for the Crusades had dwindled, other forces were at work which sought to disband the Order and claim the wealth of the Templars as their own. King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Templars, had Molay and many other French Templars arrested in 1307 and tortured into making false confessions. When Molay later retracted his confession, Philip had him burned upon a scaffold on an island in the River Seine in front of Notre Dame de Paris in March, 1314.[4] The sudden end of both the centuries-old order of Templars and the dramatic execution of its last leader turned Molay into a legendary figure.

There is supposedly an image of a Templar hammered into a rock in Westford, MA...the Westford Knight.
I went to check it out and the whole thing was covered up...I was told that it wasn't worth spending time to go back, there's really almost nothing to see.

Depends on the culture. For some it is a very good lucky number. The question is for me is why 13? Many cultures single "13" out for better or worse.
I know I know where is my data, you're going to Google it anyways.

The Pope had the Knights Templar attacked and killed throughout Europe on Friday the 13th.

I've always gone against convention and seen it as a good luck day.

Number 4 is not good in Chinese. (one reason is the pronunciation of 4 in Mandarin (putonghua) is pretty close to the pronunciation of the the character for death)

13..........1+3 = 4

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Oct 31 backward!

At my visit at the ICUEE show in Louisville KY, I stayed on the 14th floor, really the 13th floor. Hotels officially don't have the 13th floor. I never really noticed other high rise buildings.

Last edited:
Thanks Merc for the memories.

October 13, 2001..was a Saturday.

At 13:13, one of my turbines came to a halt after a rundown that should have been 45 mins, but was shortened by about a half hour.

It should have been an unlucky number for Roman Polanski … his name has come up again as the other creep just left Hollywood and climbed on a plane …

Originally Posted By: RLS
At my visit at the ICUEE show in Louisville KY, I stayed on the 14th floor, really the 13th floor. Hotels officially don't have the 13th floor. I never really noticed other high rise buildings.

We noticed that a lot (not always) in the states, no room 13...had the kids check that

Originally Posted By: Kuato
The Pope had the Knights Templar attacked and killed throughout Europe on Friday the 13th.

I've always gone against convention and seen it as a good luck day.

Correct. And left impaled and on fire for all to see, to decay, as a display of power.

Thus, Friday the 13th since became associated with terror and bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back