ACDelco Synthetic 0w20 #10-9148

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wholesale vendor recently began carrying this oil for $17/jug, so I decided to start using it for all vehicles coming in that take a standard (no special requirements) 0w20 synthetic oil. Previously, we were using either Eneos, Idemitsu or Mobil 1 depending on the customer’s preference.

I was once told that AcDelco oils are ExxonMobil products, but I am not sure if this is still true. I am trying to find more information about this oil (such as a pds), but have not been successful. What do you folks know about this oil? Most of our customers run 0w20 for 10k intervals (or longer) due to the OEM service interval, so I am hoping that this will be a good fit for the longer service intervals.

Yeah that container looks like a Conoco Phillips container. I bet you are on to something here about this being made by someone other than Exxon Mobil.

" ExxonMobil on September 10 signed an agreement to continue as the lubricants supplier for the U.S. General Motors’ dealer network for the next five years. In addition, ExxonMobil announced that a number of its key products, including Mobil 1, are now officially dexos licensed worldwide.

The new dexos licensed ExxonMobil products will meet the GM global engine oil specifications and will be designated by displaying dexos1 or dexos2 logos on the product labels. These engine oils are designed to meet the specific requirements of gasoline and diesel engines used in GM vehicles worldwide."

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/26479/ExxonMobil-General-Motors-network

Yep … That jug is Phillips 66 all day long … the jugs will change when they start coming from Mobil again …

Good buy at that price …

there is a new Dexos I spec as GM is trying to pin the 1.5L piston failures on oil, but prolly cheap offshore pistons are the issue!! hence the cheaper outdated oil that should meet older requirements unless GM updates things!!!

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah that container looks like a Conoco Phillips container.

Yep, the container always tells the story.

71RLAOcFGXL._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back