A word of warning for non-Prime Amazon users-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I only buy from Amazon when I can't buy the product elsewhere. eBay is often cheaper or about the same, and with eBay shipping is faster since you typically don't have a seller that's going to wait 2 weeks before shipping like Amazon does.

I buy from Amazon all the time and I don't know what company you are describing but its not Amazon.

Are you thinking of Alibaba?

I have Amazon send parts to me in every region of the US and have never had a delay as you suggest is commonplace.

All of these posts are much ado about nothing...Amazon is not the boogeyman.
Everything is going to be OK.

If this was truly out of the blue, I recommend that you check your credit reports just to be sure that your identity has not been stolen.

I love Amazon Prime, with their rewards card I save way more than the membership cost and I take full advantage of the movie streaming.

Maybe I'm odd, I live next to Target and I have a Red Card, it usually gives me free shipping without membership fee, and 5% cash back too, at the same price as Amazon.

I really don't see how Prime is saving money if I don't overbuy from Amazon and not check for the best deal online.

I only buy from Amazon when I can't buy the product elsewhere. eBay is often cheaper or about the same, and with eBay shipping is faster since you typically don't have a seller that's going to wait 2 weeks before shipping like Amazon does.

Actually Amazon ship really fast if it is fulfill by Amazon. The long wait is usually if you buy from an oversea seller pretending to be US seller and ship from oversea. I once end up in those transaction and they send me defective stuff, asking me to return it back oversea postage paid for. I complain to Amazon and they refund me with no question, or if the seller is in the US, Amazon will refund me return shipping and restocking fee. eBay wouldn't be this nice and protective, so Amazon usually get my high risk purchase (3rd party seller who may not be honest about product description).

The problem I have with Amazon is their prices are higher for a lot of items that they "ship free" but at low profit margin / price: cereals, home improvement parts, auto parts, etc, compare to more specialized online stores or stores that use them for lost leaders.

I love my Amazon Prime! I’ve gotten packages from Ca in two days with free shipping. If it’s “fulfilled by Amazon” you should be good to go.

I signed up for a free 30-day trial, made a note of when it expired, cancelled a day early and it told me it was cancelled.

Today I go to look up an order and low & behold, my CC was charged for Prime!! WTH???

I promptly cancelled (again) and requested a refund.

Frustrating........

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
I have Amazon send parts to me in every region of the US and have never had a delay as you suggest is commonplace.

They intentionally delays shipments to non-Prime members, as a form of extortion. I thought that everybody knew this by now.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

They intentionally delays shipments to non-Prime members, as a form of extortion. I thought that everybody knew this by now.

Intentionally delaying shipments for non-prime members is the reason I stopped buying from Amazon about four years ago.
I experienced a couple of very long delays on my last two orders from Amazon. I am talking 1 to 2 weeks just to start the shipping process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back