2018 Aprilia Shiver 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many cool bikes out there nowadays, and also reasonably priced. Makes me want to get back into riding again...
smile.gif

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/a...eview-html.html

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/20...7-|tpfn-article

shiver-900-gallery1.jpg

Dont' get me wrong, I like those bikes, but I think the "naked" look has gone on too long!
Not to mention it's so much harder to keep clean with all the exposed engine and cooling components.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice bike, but a GSXR 600 would be my choice.

get one while you can, supersport 600s are going the way of the dodo bird.....

as for the Shiver, nice bike, but it needs to lose about 50 lbs

For me it was the KTM 1290 Super Duke R. But the fam prevailed and steered me into a 420 hp Camaro SS Convertible-not a bad consolation prize.

Last edited:
That has always been a good looking bike but I am not sure about dealer support and long term reliability with Aprilia? That bike is in the same class of bike as the Yami FZ-09, Kawi Z-900, Ect.

Yes they are harder to keep clean. A foam cannon and a long bristled brush makes keeping them clean very easy. Fairings and body panels were cool the 90's......

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Dont' get me wrong, I like those bikes, but I think the "naked" look has gone on too long!
Not to mention it's so much harder to keep clean with all the exposed engine and cooling components.

Nakeds and Adv's are two classes of bike that you don't really keep clean the same way as a sport tourer or cruiser though. No where on that Shiver for dirt and road haze to show much. Maybe rinse off the wheels once in a while? Wipe tank w/ damp rag once in a while, rinse out oil cooler and/or radiator to keep them efficient.

Aprilia's are nice but NOT cheap!!! as noted there many options these days, depending on your likes + the $$$$ you have to spend!! besides the list price many exoctic brands cost a lot to service + upkeep unless you are a DIY!!! motorcycle dealers charge $100 hourly + or - in the major cities!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
Aprilia's are nice but NOT cheap!!!

I guess it depends on one's point of reference. The MSRP on this 2018 Aprilia is $9,400. By comparison, my 2013 BMW F700GS cost around $13K, and that was one of the cheapest BMW bikes at the time, and it wasn't anywhere as cool as this Shiver 900.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I guess it depends on one's point of reference. The MSRP on this 2018 Aprilia is $9,400. By comparison, my 2013 BMW F700GS cost around $13K, and that was one of the cheapest BMW bikes at the time, and it wasn't anywhere as cool as this Shiver 900.
smile.gif

If there are bikes that cost $13K, it doesn't mean that $9K bikes are cheap. They're 2 expensive bikes, really

Originally Posted By: GabrielPintea
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

smile.gif

If there are bikes that cost $13K, it doesn't mean that $9K bikes are cheap. They're 2 expensive bikes, really

I never said it was cheap.

Nice bike. I looked at a similar type of bike (Kaw Z900 and Yam FZ09). The Kawasaki was 8K with ABS but it was a leftover new 2015 model. I think I would go with a Japan manufacturer for one of these as parts would be available for the most part as these are popular bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back