Open doors glass for while before turning on A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessary, but it does help push the hot air out of the cabin more quickly and cool down faster. I do this when the car is parked in the sun.

Yes.

Heat always moves from a hot area to a cold area. Opening the windows will help that to occur faster.

How hot is hot? I don't open the windows. What do you mean by "necessary"? It's not necessary. Do you mean advantageous? Maybe a little. I still don't do it.

Necessary? No, how or why would it be necessary?

Will it help, probably. The car interior is likely to be hotter than the ambient temp, so allowing the hotter air to escape means the a/c will have to work less to cool the air. Once the air starts to work and the temp outside and inside the car is equalized then close them mostly (to allow the atoll warm air to escape as cooler air is pumped in) or all the way, otherwise your just letting in warmer air while the a/c tries to cool things down.

The way AC works is it simply takes the heat that's inside the car, and it pumps it outside the car. Think of it like pumping water from one place to another. You're simply moving the heat from one place to another. Coldness is the absence of heat, so as more heat gets pumped out of the car, the cooler the inside of the car gets. So if you can let a bunch of heat out by opening the windows, the AC doesn't have as much heat to pump out and the car will cool down quicker.

I don't think it is necessary. However out of habit I usually start the car with the driver's door open and keep the windows cracked an inch or 2 at least until I get on the freeway. If anything I get to hear the Borlas better.

Well, I'm totally agreed on your opinions, it's my mistake not explaining enough.

First I'm talking about 30-35+ c not f.

Secondly I meant from health prospective, as I've read some topics plus people rumors that not opening windows for a while before turning on a/c causes Heath issues as smell Emission of plastic components inside car interior and Emission of gasoline smell insiside car!! Will affect Health causing Anemia, lower White blood cells, lever and kidney issues. even Leukemia and abortion on long run.

If scientific evidences available it well be great addition.

I don’t think it’ll matter much to your health to be in heat unless you have existing health issues.

35C isn’t that hot either.

I just leave the doors open for a bit before even turning the vehicle on, then I run the AC for a bit with the door at least cracked open.

I live in Phoenix, and during the summer, ambient temperatures regularly go over 115 degrees F (46 deg C), and in the sun with windows closed during these times, it's not uncommon for the interior temperatures in my car to get over 140 degrees F (60 deg C).

During these times, when I get in my car, the first thing I do is open the windows an inch or so, and turn the A/C on full blast in non-recirculate mode. This helps to vent the super-hot air out of the car reasonably fast, and brings it down to at least a 'survivable' level until the A/C can really cool it down.

Once I can feel the A/C putting out decently cold air, I close up the windows and switch it to recirc mode. I've noticed that this process cools it down much faster than just starting with the A/C on recirc and driving off with the windows up the whole time.

You need to buy a Heat Shield windshield protector to keep your car cooler in the Sun and your Dashboard protected from the Sun's rays. You can order a perfect custom fit on line about $50. U.S. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
You need to buy a Heat Shield windshield protector to keep your car cooler in the Sun and your Dashboard protected from the Sun's rays. You can order a perfect custom fit on line about $50. U.S. Hope this helps.

I've actually already got both - good ones, at that.. Nice fitted velour custom-fit dash cover, and a good, thick, windshield cover.. Doesn't really help all that much in the summer. My car is a dark red, and it soaks up the heat.

I already use heat shield windshield but it doesn't help much with heat in summer, it easily reaches 40+ C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back