Motorcraft 5w40 UOA Ford 6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've attached (at least I think I have) a UOA for Motorcraft 5w40 oil. It was in my truck from about 60k miles to 66.5k miles so it had about 6,500 miles of use. The truck is a 2014 F250. I ran 10w30 till it had 55k miles when the dealership threw the 5w40 in because they were out of the 10w30 for the same price (now they agree the 5w40 needs to be in it due to the towing I do) . My truck seams to run quieter with it and I didn't notice a change in fuel mileage. My exhaust filter still cleans every 200 to 300 miles. I've watched this site for a while and haven't seen a UOA for the Motorcraft 5w40, so here it is.

The 100C viscosity is in the 30 range...

Not as much zddp content as I was expecting. I was expecting 1000 ppm of Phos...

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Not as much zddp content as I was expecting. I was expecting 1000 ppm of Phos...

Ford's supplier change things and leave Ford in the dark?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Ford's supplier change things and leave Ford in the dark?
wink.gif

As much as Ford has been banging the ">1000PPM Phosphorus Required To Prevent Long Term Wear in Ford Powerstrokes" drum, how ironic would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back