Looking for a good mechanic in Brooklyn, NY or LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could recommend me a mechanic to do a timing belt job for a Lexus gx470 (2uzfe). Brooklyn, NY vicinity or Southshore of Long Island near Rockville centre or Oceanside. I need someone trustworthy
thankyou

Originally Posted By: linkman
If anyone could recommend me a mechanic to do a timing belt job for a Lexus gx470 (2uzfe). Brooklyn, NY vicinity or Southshore of Long Island near Rockville centre or Oceanside. I need someone trustworthy
thankyou

Take a weekend in the foothills of the Berkshires and have it done up here. I know two excellent Indy shops. Probably pay for trip with savings off NYC prices.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Take a weekend in the foothills of the Berkshires and have it done up here. I know two excellent Indy shops. Probably pay for trip with savings off NYC prices.

Do you know the names of them?

Speed Motors in Brooklyn... Mcdonald Avenue put in the timing belt in my Camry V6 1mzfe using Aisin pump and Bando accessory belts. They've been ridiculously honest with me and my friend's cars for quite some years now.

There is only one owner.

Mario the owner owns several apartment buildings. At this stage in his life the gas station gets him out of bed in the morning he doesn't need the money.

If you find one on Long Island let me know.............. I get lazy from time to time and need to find someone good. The last time I had work done by someone that was good in the past he screwed up, and I ended up redoing his lousy work after I got tired of his [censored] excuses.

The two shops I would suggest are BarKen in Canaan NY and VanDeusen in New Lebanon, NY.

Both shops can handle most anything needed on a vehicle.

It's a great time of the year to come up the Taconic Parkway for a mini vacation.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you can get the car up to South Main Auto in Avoca NY, you'd be in good hands.

We should all be so lucky, but he's an 8 hour drive at least from the bottom end of NYC

If your willing to brave the plank, All Tire and Company on SI has always done good work for me

Originally Posted By: Donald
....It's a great time of the year to come up the Taconic Parkway for a mini vacation.

OT Been years, but the ride from I84 to the top, Berkshire Connecter/I90, and vice versa is one of my favorites. Could be some nostalgia with that, but not too much.

Originally Posted By: Kira
"...the plank.." VERY funny but many won't get it. (Took a family drive over it on DAY #1 in '64)

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I watched it being built. We lived in NJ and my uncle lived in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn. We use to take the ferry from Staten Island to get to Brooklyn before the bridge was built. Today the full unofficial "affectionate" name is not politically correct I'm sure
grin.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I can't resist.

Carlo Chop Shop down by the docks. Very fast work.

I know it! it's in the Red Hook section down by the piers, fine neighborhood
grin.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Kira
"...the plank.." VERY funny but many won't get it. (Took a family drive over it on DAY #1 in '64)

I didn't get, but with the mention of SI and your post deduced what was being referenced. Lived in north Jersey when it was being built and never realized it was called that. Had to google 'is Verrazano known as the plank.' Second entry barrypopik .com the big apple, good. Comical. Learned something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back