Mitsubishi projects turn signals onto road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda neat. I really like my VWs "side light". If you are stopped with your turn signal on, or just making a low speed turn, a light turns on to light up whatever side you're turning to. Really helps visibility with where you're going.

Cute. But I'm struggling to see any real safety benefit over current technology.

When in traffic, I'm not looking at the road surface around other cars, but rather at the car. If anything, this seems like it could be a little bit of a distraction, causing your attention to be diverted from where it should be looking, to cute little patterns on the ground.

It if were really a safety feature, wouldn't have Volvo already have done it?
crackmeup2.gif

I don't think this is legal in the United States....

I like the ideal, and like the ideal of blinking brake lights if someone is tailgating or excessively close.

But these Mitsubishi things are like the "side light" Cadillacs' of the 70's had them when you turned on the Blinkers it would light up the curb.

..and Volvo had those dorky wipers on the front bumpers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
But these Mitsubishi things are like the "side light" Cadillacs' of the 70's had them when you turned on the Blinkers it would light up the curb.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember in the 80's, a lot of other car companies copied that. But it didn't last long. It was just a fad. How many cars have that feature now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back