If you were forced to use 1 motor oil for life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you specified that you were asking about brand in a later post, I'd have to say that Mobil, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Castrol or Valvoline would all be okay since all offer a broad spectrum of oils meeting any conceivable need.
If you were talking brand and grade, then probably M1 0W-30 would represent the best compromise for me.
Most of my engines don't need the higher HTHS of a 0W-40, so that would simply represent wasted fuel in most of the applications I have.
Of my cars, the old BMW is the only one that calls for anything thicker than a thirty in any event.

For the rest of my life?... I'm pretty much committed to Valvoline Synpower 5W-30 for a long time after buying 130 quarts for under $2 a quart. At least five years by my calculations.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Mobil 1 - American-owned... Unlike our yellow and green friends...

Taking this reasoning to the ultimate level, I'd have to say Valvoline Synpower....their colors are red white and blue
grin.gif

s-l300.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kestas
For the rest of my life?... I'm pretty much committed to Valvoline Synpower 5W-30 for a long time after buying 130 quarts for under $2 a quart. At least five years by my calculations.

Now that's a worthy stash!

I’m still a noob in these parts but I guess I’d say MaxLife Full Synthetic. I’ve got MaxLife blend in my Camry that seems to be doing well. I’m about to put PPHM in my Odyssey but I might try MaxLife Full Synthetic next time.

I like that ultimate outcome. Well done.

I have to say Valvoline Synpower or VWB for me.

I like Havoline Pro DS and the Havoline DS as well. But the full synthetic is not available in my area anymore. Trifling.

I haven't found anything my engine really "loves" yet. Ask me again in a few years, once I've tried 20w60, 15w40 diesel oil and so on
cool.gif

So far I have tried everything from 0w20 to 10w60. If I had to pick one oil forever - it would be....
Redline 0w30

...Ravenol 0w16 does look kinda tempting for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back