10-30 voa from PQIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably was $10/qt too.
smile.gif

It is almost as if they deliberately kept anything good out, and added everything bad. There are a few oils like this on PQIA's site. The only thing I can think of, is that they are using used oil, filtering it to make it look good, maybe adding a little low quality new oil, and bottling it.

Seems to me that they are deliberatly making this junk. Or scraping the bottom of the used oil tank at the local auto parts store. The oil in that tank is likely better than whats in this bottle.

This oil was probably drawn out of the top of a settling tank, a chance to make a few bucks. This kind of intentional behavior should be quickly brought before a judge. Motor vehicles are too expensive and complicated to suffer this kind of abuse. After the fact repairs never really address lost time and use, aggravation or make a victim whole, again.

Thank you PQIA for the good work that you do.

With only some meager phosphorus (200 ppm) in that oil (and most everything else contaminants) it doesn't look to have come from any motor oil manufacturing process. They wasted their money putting Phosphorus in it....lol.

If you google the company, check it out, 3 employees.
Name:Conatus Oil & Gas, Inc.
Year Founded:
State of Inc:Florida
Location Type:Single
Revenue:N/A
Employees:3
Facility Size:N/A
* Revenue & Employees are

I'd love to see someone actually run an engine on 'motor oils' like these. Maybe put it on an engine dyno and run it through tests that simulate actual driving, and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
With only some meager phosphorus (200 ppm) in that oil (and most everything else contaminants) it doesn't look to have come from any motor oil manufacturing process. They wasted their money putting Phosphorus in it....lol.

Yeah, would have to be some kind of used non-detergent oil given that there is little calcium, magnesium, and sodium. Is there some kind of industrial or agricultural application that uses a lot of non-detergent oil with a small concentration of ZDDP?

There are such applications, but I wouldn't source this oil for them. This probably is a de facto ND motor oil, but would not be what an OEM is envisioning when specifying a non-detergent oil.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I could bottle the stuff that I drain out of my Fusion after 7,500 miles and it would still be far more suitable for use than what they're selling.

I think you are right.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Yeah, would have to be some kind of used non-detergent oil given that there is little calcium, magnesium, and sodium. Is there some kind of industrial or agricultural application that uses a lot of non-detergent oil with a small concentration of ZDDP?
some sort of hydraulic oil maybe?

the shell station the next town over has quarts of this oil priced at 4.99 i have told the owner there is a consumer alert on this oil but he doesn't care.
i wont buy it with warren coastal setting next to it for the same price.

Conatus must be draining local dump tanks for this crud.

Quote:
the shell station the next town over has quarts of this oil priced at 4.99 i have told the owner there is a consumer alert on this oil but he doesn't care.

Tell him the State's Attorney General will certainly be interested.

There is a "low-rent" station's near us that was selling one of those "engine wrecking" oils that had been flagged by PQIA. I mentioned to the owner I would be sending PQIA's results along with a picture of the oil and the station's logo to the State's Attorney General. A couple of weeks later this oil was nowhere to be found.
smile.gif

This approach does work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back