OSX High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Noticed this in the App Store yesterday on my Mac Pro. Install required a firmware update to be completed first.

First impressions:
-Feels snappier than Sierra once the optimization process completes (which is new)
-They've made a greater attempt at making Siri part of the OSX experience
-Photos has been visibly updated

That's about it so far.

Running on what hardware?
I still use a 24 iMac with the Core 2 duo extreme 2.8ghz works great , I think I'm still using the mavericks OS.

I have been thinking about getting a little newer iMac 27" , mb 2013 or whenever the USB 3.0 came out

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Running on what hardware?
I still use a 24 iMac with the Core 2 duo extreme 2.8ghz works great , I think I'm still using the mavericks OS.

I have been thinking about getting a little newer iMac 27" , mb 2013 or whenever the USB 3.0 came out

A geezer! LOL!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Thanks for the warning. I won't be upgrading then. I don't need yet another internet connected device in my house that is constantly listening...

This release also automatically (without any user option to avoid it) converts SSD based Macs to Apple's new file system. Users of professional applications, backup utilities, etc. beware. I'm going to be giving this one a few months before I install it on any computers that are important to keep working.

Originally Posted By: rationull
This release also automatically (without any user option to avoid it) converts SSD based Macs to Apple's new file system. Users of professional applications, backup utilities, etc. beware. I'm going to be giving this one a few months before I install it on any computers that are important to keep working.

Mine still says "MacOS Extended Journaled"

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Thanks for the warning. I won't be upgrading then. I don't need yet another internet connected device in my house that is constantly listening...

Simply turn Siri off and enjoy the other improvements.

I wanted to get a mac for some time now, and I've heard mostly good things about it, so I think this Christmas is the time!

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Simply turn Siri off and enjoy the other improvements.

Exactly. It is disabled on my desktop and laptop.

Let's hope that when it says disabled that it's actually disabled and not listening anyway. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back