F1 - 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: billt460
So you didn't appreciate that he didn't blame himself?

No I didn't, I usually react negatively when an adult responds with a guilty faced eight year old's lie, "He did it, he did it". It's beneath him to immediately blame another driver without at least seeing the playback. Now, if you want to defend the fact, or say that he should or would immediately lie, well, that's up to you.

If he is lying, and was so guilty, why didn't the stewards rule against him?

So you didn't appreciate that he didn't blame himself?

No I didn't, I usually react negatively when an adult responds with a guilty faced eight year old's lie, "He did it, he did it". It's beneath him to immediately blame another driver without at least seeing the playback. Now, if you want to defend the fact, or say that he should or would immediately lie, well, that's up to you.

If he is lying, and was so guilty, why didn't the stewards rule against him?

They want to keep the Championship battle as close as possible to the end of the season.

I thought it was clear there was blame on both sides.

I blame Stroll, mostly.
wink.gif
In any case, what's really surprising is that we don't see more of this. Between people wanting to wave at the crowd, someone doing a burnout, someone else nursing a car, someone grabbing marbles, and people running onto the track, there's a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

Brad_C: Yes, these races are exceptionally expensive to run. One would think that the Australian GP would be a big draw with tourism, but if the numbers don't work, they don't work. Renegotiating is what's got Liberty Media scared. They don't want to renegotiate one race, then have everyone else there with cap in hand asking for a big reduction.

Weasley: That link isn't working right now due to a server error, but who knows. It hasn't been picked up by the regular British press, and they like to vilify Ferrari. If there was a conspiracy theory in place, I'm sure Kimi had enough juice, turbo issue or not, to intentionally spear himself into Hamilton at the race start, but that didn't happen.

Originally Posted By: Garak
In any case, what's really surprising is that we don't see more of this. Between people wanting to wave at the crowd, someone doing a burnout, someone else nursing a car, someone grabbing marbles, and people running onto the track, there's a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

Back in the 80's there was a guy in Moto GP named Bubba Shobert, who was on his cool down lap. And he came to a dead stop in front of the crowd to do a burnout, and was plowed into from behind by a guy named Kevin MaGee, who was not paying attention, and was waving to the crowd. He, (Shobert), was injured so bad it ended up ruining his career. This type of thing is stupid and dangerous. And I'm surprised Formula 1 even allows it. None of those guys are paying attention during their cool down lap. They're weaving all over the track, and waving to everyone. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I don't blame Vettel. I blame F1. They are in charge of the show.

A lot of this could be eliminated by not allowing drivers to weave all over the place off the racing line. Trying to pick up a pound or 2 of clag in the process. Relax these weight rules to the point it wouldn't matter. Just more lack of common sense in F1. They could over complicate a cup of coffee.

Originally Posted By: weasley
So how about the conspiracy theory that Vettel had run out of fuel and crashed deliberately to keep his race finish?

And no action by the stewards on his taking the steering wheel with him, or the pillion ride back to the pits with Wehrlein.

That was odd but those near the front in the points usually get special treatment ala Schumacher among others. As A_Harman points out, it's about "the show" in the championship.

As to Hamilton....I know it will pain Mercedes no end but I know at least one C-class sale (like I said, very painful...not) that won't get made thanks to the goofball's instagram account. Austin might be the wrong place for him to act out. Nuff said.

As to Hamilton....I know it will pain Mercedes no end but I know at least one C-class sale (like I said, very painful...not) that won't get made thanks to the goofball's instagram account. Austin might be the wrong place for him to act out. Nuff said.

What did he say on Instagram?

A lot of this could be eliminated by not allowing drivers to weave all over the place off the racing line. Trying to pick up a pound or 2 of clag in the process. Relax these weight rules to the point it wouldn't matter. Just more lack of common sense in F1. They could over complicate a cup of coffee.

Even in that scenario, they can technically get into trouble for picking up too much weight in the way of marbles. Martin Brundle has mentioned that a couple times.

As for Lewis, I'm not going to get too deeply into his nonsense, but before he takes a kick at America, he should take a look at the records of some of the other countries on the calendar. Toto Wolf already indicated he has no desire to get into stuff that has nothing to do with racing, and that's wise.

I just looked it up. It shows both a picture, and a video of a small dog humping a Donald Trump doll. I just lost ALL respect for this stupid clown. A person in his position should be above that type of idiotic, foolish behavior. If Mercedes doesn't reprimand him for it, I have no respect left for them either. This fool needs to grow up.

Why did they quit racing at Sepang? I'm not understanding this. They spend tens of millions of dollars building these beautiful racing circuits. Sometimes hundreds of millions. And millions more every year just to maintain them. And Sepang was one of the best. Only to abandon them. And for what? Some garbage street "circuit" the likes of Azerbaijan? That duplicates the effects of racing from Brooklyn to the Bronx on side streets. It doesn't make sense. Sepang is / was a beautiful place for F1 racing.

Sadly, it is about partisan politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back