Squeaky Glider Rocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of our first child, we paid big bucks for a Dutailier Glider Rocker and Ottoman. After about 3-4 years of use, it squeaks very bad. I've oiled the actual gliding parts, but the wood squeaks. I found this recommendatiion:

"problem is easily solved by flipping the thing upside down and putting singer sewing machine oil on any part that you can see that might move or rub together."

Can you oil the wooden parts? If so, what oil can I use (besides singer)? Thanks!

BTW> Buy the $100 set at Walmart or Babys R US. The build quality of the Dutailier is NOT worth the price. I've had to re-glue parts of the ottoman. They missed several times when they shot staples/nails into the vertical dowels at the factory. -- and this squeaky problem!

the old timers used honey bee wax on wood furnature to stop squeaks and provide lubrication.
it seems to work pretty good. i have an early 1900's wood bedroom set which has solid wood sliders. i tried some of my grandmothers honey bee wax on the sliders and it made a huge difference, while also not giving off an unpleasant smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back