Diesel P/U's Coal Smoking It from Stop Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Why do some diesel pickup truck guys do a Coal Smoke launch when the light goes green. I've seen this a few times, not real often and the few times it's been a customized bro truck each instance, lifted w/ with over sized pipe(s). Makes me slap my a/c on recirc real quick to prevent pulling the black cloud into my car.

I think diesel's are great but these sort of shenanigans just annoy people.

There are a few coal rolling bros around me...my favorite trick of theirs is when they cut somebody off at a lane merge and then give them a blast of black soot to add insult to injury. I hope to heck the cops are keeping a special eye out for these guys as well as the cell phone gazers.

The whole attitude makes me think of a special feature I saw about a car audio "club" on the local news, basically guys with $500 cars packed with $10k+ of amps and speakers. The reporter finally asked a guy why he would make car audio SO loud and he replied, "I want everybody to hear MY music, what I'm listening to."
Just a mindset I can't understand...he's just a consumer, but people for miles around have to be forced to hear what he bought (or stole with a free download).

Originally Posted By: 4WD

Yeah, this guy here is the one that makes me want to dump a bag of quick dry cement and a gallon of water down each smokestack.
These guys are everywhere here in Colorado.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Yeah, this guy here is the one that makes me want to dump a bag of quick dry cement and a gallon of water down each smokestack.

BC.

At the risk of getting this thread locked, if there's a rear-mounted version of this I think this is the ultimate bro repellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COd5kAKac0U

I remember when the stacks on a pickup were becoming a thing. I always thought they looked good in moderation..

Now they blow black smoke, lift them super high and put sissy mud terrain tires on. I don't get how a tire can be so knobby, but have no sidewall height. A leasurely cruise down a trail with any sort of ruts would chew the heck out of the wheels. Oh and don't forget the distasteful headlights.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

BC.

In Arizona they're an epidemic also. Your cement comment reminded me of when a neighbor of mine took care of a Honda [censored]-can muffler noise problem. He was a contractor and filled the car's exhaust with spray fire-block foam. It was quiet for a few days anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back