Delo SD 15W-30, 2001 Lexus ES 300 - 3218 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mooferz
Originally Posted By: danielLD
Blackstone hardly qualifies for a decent UOA. Their expensive and provide little data. Get a UOA with an analyst that will actually indicate to you what is happening.

So who would you suggest using?

Originally Posted By: danielLD
You're only talking with a guy who did extensive studies proving that oil start up temps have huge impacts on wear, for Ford, Honda and Lexus.

Where can we see your evidence and results?
Not sure how relevant this would be since wear doesn't appear abnormal.

This industry revolves around NDA's, meaning I can't just give you access to what amounts to THEIR materials.

Well for starters,

1. Analysts
2. Test Oil

Those will be the most tentative. All other labs will give you the run around if you're not doing hundreds of samples a week. You can also PM me, I can do a few UOA through my work account. When you see the differences, it's very apparent how contrasting information can be.

When you get fuel %, you need to make sure it is not an approximation but rather done on a gas chromatograph. Even FTIR on fleet vehicles running the same engine, driving, filters, fuel and oil, is never accurate.

I worked on Baton Rouge PD's FTIR estimations and we could never get it right. Even TBN via FTIR on their fleet was never really right. It was close 60% of the time, I am the type who hates the estimation games the labs play to maximize $$$(profits). FTIR simply does not work for Fuel %. It might be the polymers or additives from the fuel that prevent FTIR readings from being accurate, but I'm not a chemist. But most will use flashpoint, viscosity measurement and not FTIR.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Wheres the sodium from? Delo or prev QS have any?

Wear metals are low. Any reason you are using 15w oil?

I'd say Texas and hot summer weather to protect from shearing.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
And runs away to do it in other threads, while not addressing his querents

Yes this. Looking back through his previous threads and posts I see a lot of that.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Shannow
And runs away to do it in other threads, while not addressing his querents

Yes this. Looking back through his previous threads and posts I see a lot of that.

1. I make very good money as an oil analyst. I gain nothing by arguing with outsiders on this site.

2. I don't have to prove myself to anyone on here nor do I have the time.

3. No notifications on this forum, meaning I have to manually search each forum, not something I care to do often.

4. I give recommendations for something, then told it's not applicable even when it is, it's just frustrating. Dale C. says the best argument is the one that's never started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back