Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
SirTanon said:
her fiancee.

Time to grab your double barrel,have a come to Jesus meeting with this individual,and turn this guy into a man. It's his job to take care of your daughter and her car.
11.gif

What decade are you stuck in?

It's a man's job to take care of his girl,to keep her safe,to provide for her,etc. I would walk to the ends of the earth for mine. And if I had a daughter,you can bet I'd have that "talk" with any guy that came around. Yes,I'd put the fear of God in him and if he ever hurt her or failed to provide for her,my face would be the last and final thing he'd ever see.

I think you missed something in my initial post:

Quote:
She also brought up how her fiancee's Impreza had an A/C problem, and they tried to quote him almost $2000 for work, which amounted to a compressor clutch and their suggestion that he get the expansion valve and condensor replaced "because of damage"... I can't imagine what kind of "damage" would occur to those as a result of the clutch starting to fail.

If you ever met my daughter, you'd understand why she doesn't need anyone to fight her battles for her. She's very independent, but asked me for a little advice, since I'm fairly mechanically literate, and older/more experienced.

Also, not that it matters, but I have no concerns about him. He asked me for permission to marry her well before he asked her.

AC work is definitely expensive. Back in the. 90s the AC in my Toronado went out and I think I was quoted around $1300. So I just sweated for awhile and then bought a new car. It had 350,000+ miles so I wasn't going to spend that much on it. I wonder,if the clutch goes bad,can it seize up and mess a bunch of other stuff up?

Your daughter sounds awesome! My apologies for my previous posts if they came across as cave man like haha. I guess I'm a little old fashioned :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back