Star Trek Discovery airs tonight at 8:30 eastern t

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Star Trek show was/is DS9- and it got off to a bit of a slow start until it found its groove. After watching the first episode I'll give Discovery the benefit of the doubt- but I'm not happy about having to buy a subscription to watch just one show...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'm not sure trekkies should talk...
laugh.gif

That ship began to sink with Roddenberry's passing. I think he would have flipped had he seen Enterprise. DS9 was darker than Roddenberry's vision, but at least it was well written. Enterprise was just a letdown. I haven't been terribly interested in seeing the Star Trek movie reboots, either. Over the last many years, when I'm in a mood for Star Trek stuff, I buy books. At least those cater to Trekkies rather than box office numbers.

I didn't get to see Discovery. I'm sure our Space network had it on, given the number of Trek movies they had on this weekend, plus they did some advertising. But, the way that network is, I'll probably be able to see it many times over the next week, should I be so inclined. It likely won't hit a streaming service up here. Canada is terribly paranoid about us being able to access American streaming services. We're supposed to watch 90% American TV, but only bought from a Canadian provider.

Maybe I'll wait for the disc, too.
wink.gif

Quote:
I'm sure the rest of the season will air on CBS as usual.

As pointed out several times following episodes will only be available by paying $6.00 a month for CBS streaming services. There will be no more over the air broadcasts.

Originally Posted By: ozric
My local CBS bumped it so it was 30 mins late starting, so my Tivo only caught the first half. I'm not sure it's worth paying for CBS All Access just to finish watching. Not sure why CBS was late in my area.

I've been very irritated by Sunday evening shows getting bumped consistently for whatever sporting even precedes them. I realize why it has to happen. The only way I've every been able to deal with it effectively is to add an hour to the end of every recording on the TiVo. When I had Dish Network I used to set up to record the next 1 or 2 shows after the one I wanted. The world of network TV doesn't give a you-know-what that we're not sports fans.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My favorite Star Trek show was/is DS9- and it got off to a bit of a slow start until it found its groove. After watching the first episode I'll give Discovery the benefit of the doubt- but I'm not happy about having to buy a subscription to watch just one show...

Same here!! Deep Space Nine is my fave of all the Treks!! Gotta love Quark!

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Quote:
I'm sure the rest of the season will air on CBS as usual.

As pointed out several times following episodes will only be available by paying $6.00 a month for CBS streaming services. There will be no more over the air broadcasts.

Well that's irritating. I guess people paying for cable or satellite would also have to pay for CBS All Access to view this show? I certainly wouldn't be paying CBS twice for any of their network shows. I watch little TV as it is. I cut the cord myself years ago.

I checked, they want $6 monthly for streaming, $10 for no commercials. No thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back