The richest woman on earth drives a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Lots of wealthy people drive regular cars. I doubt she would drive a Bugatti Chiron,.

A lot of athletes buy Bugattis, Rolls Royces, Bentleys etc... and then a few years later they are BROKE. It's called stupidity...

...and she travels in which high-end bizjet?
This is a little like Jimmy Carter carrying an empty bag for show while staff handled his real luggage.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
This is a little like Jimmy Carter carrying an empty bag for show while staff handled his real luggage.

The business jet gets her places on her schedule which could arguably be tight/ important.

The F150 gets her to the speed limit as well as any other vehicle. And being less flashy she'll have fewer people recongize/ harangue her.

If I were that loaded I'd want to be inconspicuous so as to have lower stress.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Her dad flew an Ercoupe. Last time I saw it, it was in the air museum at Fayetteville.

Her money funded the Crystal Bridges Art Museum. https://crystalbridges.org/

It's a pretty decent art place, if you're into that type of thing.

A rich guy, multi millionaire middle-eastern oil guy, married my wife's best friend. As such I got to hang out with him for the pre-wedding and wedding festivities. He picks me up at my house in a brand new, 2016 Honda Accord (in 2015).

The guy begins apologizing profusely for picking me up in such a pile of junk car. The car was brand new, less than 1000 miles, and he was super embarrassed to be picking up a guest in a brand new Honda accord. He apologized for 5 minutes straight.

Thing is, that's actually quite a nice car, though I probably aren't rich enough to fuel it, certainly not in the UK.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239

I guess weathy people have money because they don't spend it all on stupid things.

I'd guess a lot of them have money because we spend it all on stupid things.

For example, the previous number one, now I think dead, was a cosmetics heiress.

If I inherited a few million dollars, I would still keep all of the cars I have now and I wouldn't buy any more. OK, maybe I would by one fast/fun car, but nothing too crazy. Probably a newer Mustang Cobra or something like that. I would however, finally be able to finish my Bronco project and I could pay off the wife's Cadillac. I would also stay in my current house. I would just pay off the mortgage and do some needed repairs/renovations. then I could quietly retire and live comfortably for the rest of my life without having to worry about money and not having to go to work.

The real perk of excess wealth are private jets. What an amazing experience for me once and way to fly with simple ease, comfort and speed.

No vehicle can replicate that no matter how opulent.

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
I hope she is not involved in a offset frontal crash in that vehicle. It folds up like a cheap suit.

Except the picture is not the right truck, it states an '06, which would be this body style:

06_f150_kingranch_jf1-56b7f5eb3df78c0b136467fc.jpg

When we had our second child about 3 years ago the doctor lady that discharged my wife happened to walk out of the hospital at the same time I was taking the belongings to our car, she hopped on an older faded red color Toyota paseo, turned the beast on and the belt started whistling, I was very surprised.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
When we had our second child about 3 years ago the doctor lady that discharged my wife happened to walk out of the hospital at the same time I was taking the belongings to our car, she hopped on an older faded red color Toyota paseo, turned the beast on and the belt started whistling, I was very surprised.

And drove to her mansion in a very wealthy neighborhood....

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Doesn't surprise me as a lot of people aren't into cars.

Exactly. One extremely wealthy friend of the family used to drive around in a Buick Roadmaster wagon, in fact she had quite a few of them that were purchased for her use with her primary argument being in favour of their utility for transporting the dogs and items to the cottage. While her kids would tend to drive things that were more fancy (her son drove a 911), she appeared to have no interest in luxury or sport cars from what I could tell.

Now yachts on the other hand, that is her thing.

LorettaAnne.jpg

D97B0115-9DBA-46C0-A7BAA433165352DB.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Exactly. One extremely wealthy friend of the family used to drive around in a Buick Roadmaster wagon, in fact she had quite a few of them that were purchased for her use with her primary argument being in favour of their utility for transporting the dogs and items to the cottage. While her kids would tend to drive things that were more fancy (her son drove a 911), she appeared to have no interest in luxury or sport cars from what I could tell.

Yes, some people aren't car people, no matter how much money they have. Then, we have Jay Leno.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yes, some people aren't car people, no matter how much money they have. Then, we have Jay Leno.
wink.gif

After watching many, many episodes of Jay Leno's Garage, I have concluded that he had that day job at NBC all those years just so he could support his car addiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back