BITOG knowledge gnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pajero
The more I read BITOG, I realize that I don't know much! A learning curve over many years.......

Respectfully,

Pajero

People who really know, know they don't know much. So you are definitely on the right track.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
The more I read BITOG, I realize that I don't know much! A learning curve over many years.......

Respectfully,

Pajero
Sometimes I think the same. Other times, I think my IQ drops five points every time I read a post
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Other times, I think my IQ drops five points every time I read a post
smile.gif

It definitely depends on what the topic is about!

If it's any consolation, the majority of folks that formulate oil don't know that much either. They just know a bit more than your average bloke.

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
If it's any consolation, the majority of folks that formulate oil don't know that much either. They just know a bit more than your average bloke.

You're being modest. I've learned a lot from you and many others on this site. However, your sentiment is refreshing.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less"

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe

Haha I so agree.
They guys in Chemical Synthesis often know lots about the chemical and tribological functions. But nothing about practical applications
Formulators like to take cool and often expensive chemistry to make up some exciting "claims" based on the tiniest points of differentiation.
Marketers generally don't have any idea what the chemistry is or does, they only want to know what kinds of things they can do to make a cool commercial about.
End users generally don't care. Chemistry doesn't matter - we just want something that works.
BITOGERS spend hours worrying about the minutiae differences is one or two published data-points but only if the oil is readily available and on-sale at Walmart.

The smartest people I know, know very little.
They all have 2 things in common though. They know where to source accurate information, and they listen.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
The smartest people I know, know very little.
They all have 2 things in common though. They know where to source accurate information, and they listen.

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back