3) Denny Hamlin

4) Ryan Blaney

5) Martin Truex Jr.

6) Kevin Harvick

7) Kurt Busch

8) Erik Jones

9) Kasey Kahne

10) Matt Kenseth

18 cars race to win again fast all weekend they have to get it done!! Last race at Homestead you will have to win race for the Monster cup.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
For the 19th time this season, stage winner MTJ.
all that will mater is the last lap of the last race and you better be taking the checkered flag.MTJ has to be the favorite.

Last edited:
It is hard for me to get excited about this track. Debating on actually going to the Las Vegas playoff race next year since I got the coupon for buying the new game.

There goes Jeffrey Earnhardts chances of winning the race.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It is hard for me to get excited about this track. Debating on actually going to the Las Vegas playoff race next year since I got the coupon for buying the new game.
just planning for next year I will be at the Vegas playoff race.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Has Jeffrey Earnhardt ever finished better than 35th?

Shhhh you're not suppose to talk about that the good ole boys and the Danica haters will come out of the wood work. LOL

Originally Posted By: billt460
I was bored watching the last 26 laps. I can't imagine how well the whole thing would have cured my insomnia?
you missed a great race maybe golf is your thing don't know.

The words Nascar & great race haven't gone together in a long time.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: billt460
I was bored watching the last 26 laps. I can't imagine how well the whole thing would have cured my insomnia?
you missed a great race maybe golf is your thing don't know.

Those shorter 1 mile tracks can be boring. Average speed is a little over 100 mph.

I agree. Golf can be very helpful like melatonin as well. Heck, Formula 1 can be very boring a well. Don't get me wrong.. I like F-1 races. I enjoy watching them a good amount. The announcers on the F-1 races are usually very good to great. Reminds me of Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons and Need Jarrett sometimes. The F-1 announcers are not super serious, don't take themselves too seriously, and genuinely enjoy calling and watching the races.

That's what has been missing from some of the NASCAR races at times. People on the NASCAR races taking things WAY too seriously and I find that not good. Watch the early races from ESPN with Bob, Benny and Ned. They were having fun and it was rather light hearted most of the time. The TNN races we're rather similar as well. Buddy Baker was a totally hoot nanny to listen to, and Mike Joy was good about that as well. In the very late 90s into early 2000s the people running the ESPN broadcasts got to be way too serious about things and it affected the crew calling the race. It wasn't the same with Bob, Benny and Ned at that time. Someone had to have told them to be much more serious about stuff and it was not the same or as good as they were just a couple of yrs before. I would call that the " big business effect" upon NASCAR and the television production as well. Whether people like them or not Darrell Waltrip, Mike Joy and Larry Mc Reynolds at Fox were much better about being not quite so super serious all the time at first. And some guys just cannot and should not announcing the races at all.. Jeff Burton is not all too great at it, Steve Le Tarte is really not food at it, and several others as well are no good at it either. You gave to have the right voice, be insightful yet brief in your comments, funny is always helpful as well. I have heard races where Richard Petty tried to be in the booth calling races and he was not good at it at all. Whereas Buddy Baker was fantastic at it. Some guys are best suited for pit road only.... Dr. Jerry Punch was very good on pit road. They put him in the booth to call a race and he was not too good at that. Bill Weber was another one who was great on pit road and yet terrible in the booth calling the races. I will never forget at Richmond when Kasey Khane won the race and Bill Weber said on live TV calling the race, " And Kasey Khane wins at Bristol." I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back