Purolator P1 #22500 12,600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday afternoon BITOG faithful. Hi Jim
smile.gif

This filter was off my new boss's 2016 Ford Expedition with Eco Boost 3.5 v-6 engine. Had 2 oci's of M1 0w20 AFE. Filter looks ok minus the 2 cuts in ADBV. SUV has 69,000 miles on it already as he bought it used. Put another load of M1 0w20 AFE and a FU 10575 oil filter in and on.

Enjoy the pictures and he does 98% highway driving

What are all of the particles on the element? Is this from cutting it open or is it just an optical illusion? As for the choice of filters, just why? Cut ADBVs are the norm these days with Purolator...

I am TRULY amazed that this Purolator filter didn't have torn media. Ah, but it didn't escape some kind of scrutiny, as the ADBV had cuts in it.
21.gif

Thanx for the C&P car51.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I am TRULY amazed that this Purolator filter didn't have torn media. Ah, but it didn't escape some kind of scrutiny, as the ADBV had cuts in it.
21.gif

Thanx for the C&P car51.
smile.gif

Always good to hear from you BlueOvalFilter
smile.gif

I too was surprised there were no tears

car51/Adam-off topic, what kind of highway mileage is he getting with his EB Expedition? The MSRP on them is pretty high, but I'm thinking about trimming down the fleet somewhat.

I believe he said 24.5 was best so far as he drives pretty fast. I dunno what "window sticker" says they get.

Originally Posted By: czbrian
He is using 0w20 in an ecoboost 3.5? Is that what Ford calls for on the expedition? I thought it was 5w30?

I honestly didn't ask or look at the oil cap. We put in m1 0w30 AFE, not 0w20; that's my misprint/fault

I've seen those particles after switching to synthetic oil for the first time. Old dried-up carbon particles removed by the synthetic oil. You said he went 12,000 miles on the oil change. Maybe he was going along with conventional and built up some deposits

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I've seen those particles after switching to synthetic oil for the first time. Old dried-up carbon particles removed by the synthetic oil. You said he went 12,000 miles on the oil change. Maybe he was going along with conventional and built up some deposits

No, he did 2 oci's; each OCI was with M1 0w20 AFE

The ecoboost is spec'd for 5w30. I suspect that unless you are towing, the 20weight wouldn't cause problems. Why not an fl500s

Originally Posted By: tcp71
The ecoboost is spec'd for 5w30. I suspect that unless you are towing, the 20weight wouldn't cause problems. Why not an fl500s

Cheaper ain't always better

Originally Posted By: car51

AMEN BROTHER!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: car51

AMEN BROTHER!
thumbsup2.gif

Dam right Blue
smile.gif
34.gif
08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back