Leaving for Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I plan to leave this coming weekend for a couple of weeks. We will stay in Estes Park for 3 days and tour the RMNPark again. We were last there 19 years ago. Then we will travel to Snowmass for eight days and stay at the Weston Hotel. That will be a good launch point for sight seeing the central Rockies.

Enjoy yourselves!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Bring warm clothes, it's already snowing on the mountains!

We will, but the 10 day forecast calls for nice weather. Then you know how that can go.

My friend Veronica is up there to see her daughter and sister. She texted me some pictures,it's already covered in snow and here we are in the 90s haha.

Beautiful place. Lived there for awhile and loved it.

Are you going do any mountain climbing like you did at Mt Katahdin yrs ago??
smile.gif

I hope you and the lady have a great trip. Where you all are going is where I would like to go someday.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Are you going do any mountain climbing like you did at Mt Katahdin yrs ago??
smile.gif

I hope you and the lady have a great trip. Where you all are going is where I would like to go someday.

I was 29 when I climbed Katahdin, I'm now 72 and a little old for that. However I still walk a lot here locally and plan to walk some in Co.

Yeah I know. Something tells me if it was fairly reasonable you would give it a go. And I wouldn't have been surprised if you had said, " ohh yeah I am going to climb...". Mt. Evans road which is the highest road in the US has a short path to the very top of that mountain. I may well be wrong but I don't think so... In a instant like that I bet you would do that and enjoy it. I am glad that you are able to do all that you do. Tig1 I met a nice lady out in my retirement community where I work and she was 96 yrs old, totally in great shape, cognitively amazingly sharp as a someone 40 yes younger, driving easily still, has zero deficits. I hope that you and your lady are that way as well. That is truly a blessing.

Last edited:
bbhero said:
Yeah I know. Something tells me if it was fairly reasonable you would give it a go. And I wouldn't have been surprised if you had said, " ohh yeah I am going to climb...". Mt. Evans road which is the highest road in the US has a short path to the very top of that mountain. I may well be wrong but I don't think so... In a instant like that I bet you would do that and enjoy it. I am glad that you are able to do all that you do. Tig1 I met a nice lady out in my retirement community where I work and she was 96 yrs old, totally in great shape, cognitively amazingly sharp as a someone 40 yes younger, driving easily still, has zero deficits. I hope that you and your lady are that way as well. That is truly a blessing. [/quote

Thanks. My Mom is still alive and goin strong and she's 93. Lives alone, here mind is sound, she has no joint pain, only takes one small pill for A Fib, and takes very good care of here apartment. If I were in Maine, I would attempt climbing up to Pamola peak, but no way would cross the Knife Edge.

Originally Posted By: tig1
My Mom is still alive and goin strong and she's 93. Lives alone, here mind is sound, she has no joint pain, only takes one small pill for A Fib, and takes very good care of here apartment.

That's AWESOME tig!! Cherish her
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: tig1
My Mom is still alive and goin strong and she's 93. Lives alone, here mind is sound, she has no joint pain, only takes one small pill for A Fib, and takes very good care of here apartment.

That's AWESOME tig!! Cherish her
thumbsup2.gif

My sister and I certainly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back