Just had my wheels powder coated, pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to see a nice car parked in public parking, they will damage the paint.

I do hope you center the car in the spot to minimize your chances.

rod

Both the wheels and the brake calipers in the photos are beautiful! I'm a cheapskate when it comes to wheels, though. For $600 I can probably buy a set of wheels in the color I want - gunmetal gray. Most likely going to do it only when I need new wheels. Keep a car long enough and eventually a new set of wheels will restore ride quality.

Really nice choice. $600 sounds cheap considering that they also fix road rash. Sometimes aftermarket wheels look just overdone - these look great.

It looks lowered to me also - or is that stock?

The shine really shows off that style line also.

I agree with all the "positive" comments. It's a great color. Did they have lots of colors to choose from?

I am very much in the "practical-cheapskate-value based camp" and I'll always dissuade someone from spending money on things which attract thieves or are vulnerable but I absolutely appreciate that a persons money is his own. It's what makes a horse race as they say.

I also like the propagation of wheel repair / refinishing shops. If I'm going to have a wheel (or set) repaired and straightened WHY NOT have colors to choose from. I bet many of the colors available now were not 3 years ago.

I like both the color and size...and I'm one to usually have a beef large diameter wheels. These are perfectly tucked into the wheel wells.

I, too, HATE the black wheel trend. The wheel is such a large portion of the visual aspect of a vehicle and black just makes them disappear unless you are very close. Even then...
21.gif

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
forged wheels that I just had powder coated Bronze Chrome with matte clear. Personally I love it.

Superb!

I have a related question. Several decades back, there was a firm powder coating scuba tanks; the temperature required to fuse the powder was high enough to weaken the heat treated forged aluminum of the tanks, and several dive shops had employees injured (or worse IIRC) when filling the tanks.

I've been scared to have any heat treated aluminum alloy products powder coated since. Do you know how hot they have to go now to fuse the powder?

To answer a few questions

Yes, the car is lowered on H&R springs about 1.5 inches with camber corrected.

They have almost any color you can dream of and they use Prismatic Powders. If it is not in stock it will be ordered from Prismatic and shipped quick.

The powder is baked in an over around 350 to 400 degrees for about 20 min. I dont think that would be near hot enough to weaken the aluminum.

Wow!! JUST WOW! That looks upscale yet sporty. Excellent job they did on it and great color! Forged is definitely the way to go. I ever upgrade my stock wheels it will be forged!

I give this mod a big thumbs up!
thumbsup2.gif

Looks great! I feel like the murdered look is over done these days especially with automakers rolling them off the line already blacked out. Bronze/gold is up next.

The powder coat looks great too, nice "soft" looking texture. I just can't get myself to pay that much. Call me whatever you want but I always like being able to go back to the original look, I usually stick with plasti dip. I just picked up some powder coated Subaru Enkei STI wheels. It's nice and durable but there's just something that doesn't settle well with me about not having the original look.

Looks great, nice color choice!

Wish these guys were closer - need to redo the clear on my S-10 wheels.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr

rod

Looks like he parked in an end spot to minimize chances of dings. That's my preferred technique and is intrinsically successful.

Parking next to slobs and idiots on both sides is a no no. Leverage their laziness.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr

rod

Looks like he parked in an end spot to minimize chances of dings. That's my preferred technique and is intrinsically successful.

Parking next to slobs and idiots on both sides is a no no. Leverage their laziness.

I always try to go for the end spot no matter where I am at. At least one side is protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back