MMO for GDI Engines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For many GDI engines it may not touch intake valves - any other good for MMO in a GDI engine ?

Yes. All of the other documented benefits besides intake valve cleaning.

Was this actually a not very clever trick question?

Originally Posted By: Oro_O

I went to the Marvel Mystery Oil website and I couldn't find any documentation on the benefits. I thought it might be under Downloads, but there was only a screensaver and wallpaper available there.

All I could find is a section titled "Marvel Tales" which is apparently a collection of testimonials. Do you have any links? Don't "documented benefits" require documentation?

From what I've seen tearing down engines that have used it, if I owned a GDI engine it would go in every tank of gas. Then I could find out for myself if it works or not in GDI applications.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Oro_O

I went to the Marvel Mystery Oil website and I couldn't find any documentation on the benefits. I thought it might be under Downloads, but there was only a screensaver and wallpaper available there.

All I could find is a section titled "Marvel Tales" which is apparently a collection of testimonials. Do you have any links? Don't "documented benefits" require documentation?

Your getting into the world of creative marketing. They can document something but not publish it.

Main concern with using anything but Gumout or Techron in GDI would possibly be the sensitive design of the high pressure fuel injectors ?

Last edited:
Read your 2017's owners manual.

Recommends using Hyundai fuel system cleaner - which is Techron.

Originally Posted By: knerml
Read your 2017's owners manual.

Recommends using Hyundai fuel system cleaner - which is Techron.

How often do they recommend using it?

Originally Posted By: knerml
For my 2015, 7,500mi/12mo if not using top tier fuel

I'm wondering if a maintenance dose at every tank would be a better approach? Using a cleaner like Red Line's FI cleaner which can be used at a lower concentrate as a maintenance dose product. Techron OTOH doesn't recommend using their product that way. I'd rather keep the problem in check vs. wait 7.5k miles or a year.

Originally Posted By: 190E26FTW
TEchron works but is slower than I like. I like Redline SL1.....works a lot faster to clean up fuel system.

I am curious how you have determined that? Was anything disassembled? Have you done identical tests with Techron and Redline SL1?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
From what I've seen tearing down engines that have used it, if I owned a GDI engine it would go in every tank of gas. Then I could find out for myself if it works or not in GDI applications.
wink.gif

What do you expect MM oil to do?

One bottle of Techron or Gummout every June even through i use Top Tier every fill up. My dad used MMO in every vehicle he owned.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
wink.gif

What do you expect MM oil to do?

Possibly keep things clean. Fortunately it is something I don't have to worry about, I don't own a DI engine. But these topics are of interest because one day I might own a DI vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back