Is Aerospace 303 still for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior and leather clean and protection ?

I havent been here a while. Just bought a 03 Mustang cobra terminator 10th anniversary , black with red leather seat. I want the best product, that I can find in stored , back then Aerospace 303 is the thing. I wonder its still now ? or what would you recommend , I want something simple, like 1 step clean and condition protection at the same time, not need 2-3 different bottle. Thank you, if need me post pix, just ask
smile.gif

Aerospace 303 is awesome on plastics, vinyl, rubber, and other synthetics.. I suppose it CAN be used on leather, but I personally would prefer to use something specifically made for leather on leather.

I could be wrong, but I think they might actually make a leather-specific product.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Aerospace 303 is awesome on plastics, vinyl, rubber, and other synthetics.. I suppose it CAN be used on leather, but I personally would prefer to use something specifically made for leather on leather.

I could be wrong, but I think they might actually make a leather-specific product.

Most automotive leather is coated, and 303 wil protect that coating admirably.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

I havent been here a while. Just bought a 03 Mustang cobra terminator 10th anniversary , black with red leather seat. I want the best product, that I can find in stored , back then Aerospace 303 is the thing. I wonder its still now ? or what would you recommend , I want something simple, like 1 step clean and condition protection at the same time, not need 2-3 different bottle. Thank you, if need me post pix, just ask
smile.gif

Nice ride, please post a picture.

I personally use the protectant that's used on car vinyls, interiors, etc. but they make a leather protector too.

So it looks like you'll need 2 bottles.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Never in a million years would I use that stuff on leather interiors.

Even the pleather that most cars come with now-adays? I have leather cleaner and conditioner for our Subaru, but I feel like the only real benefit it provides is the nice smell...

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Never in a million years would I use that stuff on leather interiors.

Even the pleather that most cars come with now-adays? I have leather cleaner and conditioner for our Subaru, but I feel like the only real benefit it provides is the nice smell...

Yeah from what I've read and have been told,the vinyl protectants can damage the stitching and that's the main reason for using leather dedicated products.

To find out if the Cobra's leather is coated put one drop of water from an eyedropper onto the seating surface. If it runs then it's coated, if it soaks in then it's not. Coated? 303 is fine. Not coated? Leather products of your choice.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

smile.gif

Nice ride, please post a picture.

2ng6jkl.jpg

Lexol is my favorite for leather. I believe it's German. 303 is good for plastics and it has a UV protector.

Lexol

I tried the leather honey and did not care for it.

Respectfully,

Pajero

Most cost effective (also good quality) is to buy a gallon of meguair's http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meguiars-D18101-Detailer-Leather-Cleaner-1-Gallon-/352156746458?epid=1817848914&hash=item51fe2d82da:g:KeMAAOSwlnZZqc7P. Works great on leather and any vinyl or plastic I've tried it on. I use it on my leather furniture. That gallon has lasted me over 3 years

I still have a bottle from at least 10 years ago. I'm not sure if the formulation has changed, but I wouldn't use it that older formulation for interior. I used it for a convertible top, tires and exterior black plastic and works great. It 'dries' matte on tires and seems to keep the black plastic blacker looking. Using a good cleaner on tires will outright remove it and so will using diluted degreaser on exterior plastic.

Would I buy it again now? No. There are more products these days that are easier to use and less oily feeling. I'm finding wax-as-u-dry a replacement for detailing windows/door jams and recently Meguiar's Fast Finish stupendously amazing for interior as well. Just keep it off the bottom door areas that you step on especially on SUVs. Silly to make those areas slick.

I need still more help on this . I need 1 single product for my leather . 1 single product for rest of my interior . I been using meguiar ( spelling ) for dash and all in one leather for year. I don’t like it any more . It’s dry out my leather and make it harder .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back