Ford Easy Fill Capless fuel filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
My MKZ has the capless filler-all I can say is that I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers it a solution in search of a problem.

BTW, has anyone tried putting a gas can or funnel in the FoMoCo system? I've found that I can't get the infernal modern "spill proof" cans I've used to work at all. The few times I've used a can, I ended up working a funnel down into it and pouring into that. Even getting a funnel in requires pressing the two buttons on either side of the filler at the same time while also pressing down on the flap.

There's a funnel in the spare tire that is included for use with a gas can.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
My MKZ has the capless filler-all I can say is that I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers it a solution in search of a problem.

BTW, has anyone tried putting a gas can or funnel in the FoMoCo system? I've found that I can't get the infernal modern "spill proof" cans I've used to work at all. The few times I've used a can, I ended up working a funnel down into it and pouring into that. Even getting a funnel in requires pressing the two buttons on either side of the filler at the same time while also pressing down on the flap.

There's a funnel in the spare tire that is included for use with a gas can.

8U5Z-17B068-B is the p/n for the funnel.

Ya know whats wild, my F150 is always clean. Recently did an afternoon of dusty dirt road driving resulting in obvious build up of dust around the outside of the door seal (its the wimpy rubber lip) and the inside of the fill area was totally clean. I don't fill the Explorer often as its the wife's but I don't recall ever seeing it soiled in there... Maybe its just parts failure...

Originally Posted By: ffhdriver
It's mentioned in the owners' manual. I guess dishdude didn't bother to read it.

confused2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back