Purolator L14459, 4357 miles, cut open, TORN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Three year old filter, exposed to heavy moisture, possibly water.
Just saying, cant find myself to bash the brand on such a dated product with rust in it no less.

I don't bash them based on this filter alone. But when I see filter after filter with torn media, then I start wondering. And I'm sorry, 3 years old is not 'such a dated' as you put it. I have used other filters even older that that and they don't tear. Anyway, I am done with them, you can give them a try if you want, but I won't use one even if they pay me. Done.

Originally Posted By: FlyingVan
Just saying, cant find myself to bash the brand on such a dated product with rust in it no less.

I don't bash them based on this filter alone. But when I see filter after filter with torn media, then I start wondering. And I'm sorry, 3 years old is not 'such a dated' as you put it. I have used other filters even older that that and they don't tear. Anyway, I am done with them, you can give them a try if you want, but I won't use one even if they pay me. Done.

Take a gander at the very recent build ProMotive filth I cut and posted other day
smile.gif

Enough said. Basically: Purolator has 0 that's NO ONE in quality control!

The rust could have been there when the filter was purchased. I purchased a freshly stocked MC FL820S from Walmart and I had it for maybe a month when I discovered rust on the outlet side of the filter. I keep my filters in the air conditioned house.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I wonder what Purolator engineering team would say ?

They would say,"Stop tearing the filter media to get your 15 minutes of fame!!
Flame suit is now on.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Wow!!! Junk filter. I know how you feel. I had it happen to a Motorcraft.

Thanks for the cut & post.

Interesting.
I have used MC oil filters for BOOKOO years now and EVERYONE that I have opened up (and believe me, I have opened up A LOT of them) I have YET to see any torn media.
Just sayin'..........
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Wow!!! Junk filter. I know how you feel. I had it happen to a Motorcraft.

Thanks for the cut & post.

Interesting.
I have used MC oil filters for BOOKOO years now and EVERYONE that I have opened up (and believe me, I have opened up A LOT of them) I have YET to see any torn media.
Just sayin'..........
smirk.gif

BlueOvalFitter, it happens!!! See below. That is the FL820S.

2aeuxu.jpg

Dome end tear.

k9tnpz.jpg

Thread end tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back