Auto Parts store pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked in retail many years, in a few different states... It's highly unlikely that most regular retail employees are making anything over $12/hr, or anywhere even close to that. Assistant managers and managers are the ones making around $15, some don't even make $15/hr.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
You'll be on some kind of commission/salary pay plan way before $15 an hour in parts.

I wasn't, but mine was a unique situation. A lot of the parts people in both dealers and parts houses are underpaid for what they are expected to do.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
When people shop solely on prices, this is what happens.

With the prices they charge for oil, you'd think they could afford to pay the employees better.

No that's what happens when you work for a greedy corporation. AAP prices are far from the lowest. It doesn't take much for a savvy shopper looking for a good price to beat them.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

With the prices they charge for oil, you'd think they could afford to pay the employees better.

As long as people are willing to accept a job for $9 or $10 an hour..... they won't raise starting pay.

Have you see the price of Auto Zone stock lately ?
$557 a share this morning....

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

It's all about volume. It's really true that they make it up in volume. You've got people sitting around waiting for people to show up at an auto parts store. You never see any employees working the aisles at Walmart. They won't even spend money on employees to keep the shelves fully stocked. So with lower costs, they can sell more and have less people. If you want service, go to an auto parts store, if you just want to grab it off the shelf, go to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back