Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think the market can keep going up up and up?

Every day I see an article about a market dump.

Today:
"The one thing Schiller says is preventing a 1929 like crash." CNBC
"The everything bubble is ready to pop" business insider

That's just what pops up without doing a search.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
You guys think the market can keep going up up and up?

Every day I see an article about a market dump.

Today:
"The one thing Schiller says is preventing a 1929 like crash." CNBC
"The everything bubble is ready to pop" business insider

That's just what pops up without doing a search.

They're always fun to talk about it. Who really knows? If we did, we probably wouldn't share it on this forum. Remember back in 1996 before the 2000 collapse, they talked about the market tanking all the time, took 4 years before it finally tanked and when it did, it didn't drop back down to 96 levels. You put your money down and take your chances.

I've started buying cryptocurrency. This time last year Bitcoin was about $600/coin and it is currently sitting just under $4,000/coin. I missed out on that one. It even went over $5,000 recently.

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
I've started buying cryptocurrency. This time last year Bitcoin was about $600/coin and it is currently sitting just under $4,000/coin. I missed out on that one. It even went over $5,000 recently.

Seems risky to me but I understand the lure of Bitcoin....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Seems risky to me but I understand the lure of Bitcoin....

To conventionalists, I understand how the notion of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency can seem scary. But it is rapidly gaining popularity. Just this week an entire house was paid for in Bitcoin here in Texas. There isn't much of a fee or processing time associated with it. Bitcoin has never been hacked (unlike some banks) only the exchanges were hacked. Your money can't be seized by the government. There are many interesting things Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies achieve when you start delving into it. You control your own money. You are your own banker. No third party is needed.

Bitcoin is the stupidest thing ever invented. Any government on Earth can shut it down at the drop of a hat. Don't kid yourself. Its not money, it's not an investment, it's gambling. Pure and simple. If you get rich from it, more power to you. Way too risky for me.

https://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/2017/09/12/dimon-governments-will-shut-bitcoin/

here is why Bitcoin is literally NOTHING: you're buying and selling it for the sole purpose of obtaining DOLLARS. Think about that...

It will be a LOOOOOOONG way off from being a viable means of exchange simply because of the price volatility. And there are dozens of other means of digital exchange that have no volatility. It's a scam.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Any government on Earth can shut it down at the drop of a hat

No, not really. That's one of the points.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Lethal1ty17,

If you don't mind me asking.... how much Bitcoin did you purchase ?

I won't publicly divulge that, but bitcoin isn't my only cryptocurrency investment
wink.gif
I've diversified.

Last edited:

China is doing it right now. Basically all payments is US dollars through the banking system go through the Federal Reserve. If large merchants like Walmart started accepting Bitcoin, it would go through the Federal Reserve eventually. Don't kid yourself, the could stop it, or prevent it from becoming mainstream easily.

China is doing it right now. Basically all payments is US dollars through the banking system go through the Federal Reserve. If large merchants like Walmart started accepting Bitcoin, it would go through the Federal Reserve eventually. Don't kid yourself, the could stop it, or prevent it from becoming mainstream easily.

Cash doesn’t even need to be involved. Just bitcoin. They can make it more difficult to implement alongside the current system, yes. But they can’t actually stop bitcoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back