People adverse to weekend plans. Annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Become a Boy Scout troop leader. Camping and people to do it with... plus you get a cool uniform!!

Unfortunately I have no GF or Wife. Boy it would great to have one of those that likes the outdoors.

I have tried to accommodate others by planning ahead. That means reserving a campsite a few days in advance, planning supplies, even offering to drive, etc. but it doesn't seem to work. I guess you guys are right, I need to find others who are more excited by it, and want to do it more often. I have committed to going this weekend. I am going t sleeping bear dunes, if any of you know of that place! Voted one of the best beaches in the US!

Find new friends. There is a reason I don't talk to anyone from high school or college anymore. We have different interests now.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Find new friends. There is a reason I don't talk to anyone from high school or college anymore. We have different interests now.

Isn't that funny how things evolve? I ran with a big pack of friends from my late teens to mid-late 20s. I still consider them friends, but 20+ years later, marriage, kids, etc. Pretty much all of them I haven't seen or spoken with much in many years. The ones I have, we're very different people now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Are you sure these people are really friends?
It sounds like they don't want to be around you.

^^ this.
maybe, they sense your resentment, because of their habits, and repeated excuses made to avoid spending time with you.to you, this makes them flaky.
maybe, you try too hard.whatever the reason(s), they are avoiding you.
maybe, it's time to look in the mirror, and examine the reason(s) that they are avoiding you.
have a good day.

I have friends that are really into camping and they know to never invite me because I absolutely loathe the idea of camping. They have said I have a standing invitation but know I don't like it.

As has been stated, they are just being polite rather than saying they have absolutely no desire to go camping with the OP, more than likely because they really don't enjoy it even though they have said in the past they do.

The older I get, the more of an outdoorsman I've become, and I've found less and less people willing to get out. I have 1 good friend that will even dare to go fishing with me because the spots I go to require about a 5 mile round trip hike, and guess where I met that person! On the stream...

Most people just aren't up for that much work, and camping kind of is a bit of work!

Yup, I also say go it alone if you can't find anyone.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The older I get, the more of an outdoorsman I've become, and I've found less and less people willing to get out. I have 1 good friend that will even dare to go fishing with me because the spots I go to require about a 5 mile round trip hike, and guess where I met that person! On the stream...

Most people just aren't up for that much work, and camping kind of is a bit of work!

Yup, I also say go it alone if you can't find anyone.

Nice anecdote about the friend you made on the stream. Sometimes the best friends people can make are those that they encounter who share their passions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back